Wilton Royal Icing?

Decorating By katshamsi Updated 25 Feb 2019 , 5:59pm by -K8memphis

katshamsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katshamsi Posted 25 Feb 2019 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 3

Has Anyone used the Wilton Royal Icing Mix before? I only wanna use it to stencil, will it hold up well for that or am I better off just making my own royal icing??

2 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 25 Feb 2019 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 3

I have used it before.  I used it to make tiny pink bows for penguin cake pops I was making.  I piped them out on wax paper and let them dry.  They turned out really well.  I also used it to pipe directly onto a cake because I needed bright white icing.  Worked well for that too.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Feb 2019 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 3

sure it's fine -- there's no big deal to royal icing mixes -- it's something that's been around forever and yes i've used wilton and tons of other brands -- not every brand i'm sure -- but I've been at this for over 45 years and royal icing mixtures are no big deal --

while you do Not need it for stencils if you want to strengthen royal icing use some cream of tartar in it or gum arabic -- you need to strengthen it when you make a figurine or lace pieces, etc. --

but another fantastic thing you can do with gum Arabic and royal -- whether you make if from egg whites or a mix is when you are piping pearls -- this is one of the most fun things ever -- you add gum Arabic to the royal -- then water it down some to where it will pipe out perfect pearls that will stay on the side of the cake without drooping and the point of the pearl smooths it's own self out and rounds perfectly -- all you have to do is add water to thin it to the right consistency -- it's easy peasy -- then the pearls dry shiny from the gum Arabic and they dry hard 'cause it's royal and it's a lot of fun to do -- and edible -- win win win win win

trust me

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%