How To Get Stronger Fruit Flavor In Cake?

Baking By markbkk Updated 20 Feb 2019 , 4:26am by rychevamp

markbkk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
markbkk Posted 20 Feb 2019 , 2:14am
post #1 of 4

I use this recipe for making fruit-based cakes. I'm not sure where it came from. SP is a cake emulsifier. The cakes consistently turn out well (unless there was too much liquid in the fruit puree or it is overbeaten; both lead to some falling in the center of the cake). The cakes also taste good. My only complaint is the cakes rarely have the flavor of the fruit of the fruit puree. If it does, it is extremely faint. My goal is to turn out cakes of the fruit flavor of the puree. My guess is the puree is just too diluted by the quantities of the other ingredients (sugar, flour). Can anyone help with some suggestions please?  Thanks much. 

Wet Ingredients

• 200 grams sugar
  • 200 grams fruit puree 
  • 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 12 grams SP 
  • 3 eggs

Dry Ingredients
  • 200 grams all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp salt

3 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 20 Feb 2019 , 3:25am
post #2 of 4

I use a bit of LorAnn oil in my purees and buttercream to amp up the flavor. The only one that I don't use it for is raspberry because for me, it does well enough on own.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 20 Feb 2019 , 4:24am
post #3 of 4

I use a lot of LorAnn oils and emulsions, too.  Also, freeze dried fruit powder is awesome and doesn't interfer with the consistency.

rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 20 Feb 2019 , 4:26am
post #4 of 4

You could try fruit powders. Several places online sell them, or buy freeze dried fruit and grind in a food processor. I sift out the seeds if necessary.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%