Best Fondant Recipe

Decorating By missy1462 Updated 19 Feb 2019 , 6:12pm by SandraSmiley

missy1462 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missy1462 Posted 19 Feb 2019 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 3

So many search results, I got lost in it all.  I am wondering what everyone's favorite fondant recipe is?  I've never touched it in my life, but gonna give it a try and make a cake for my granddaughters birthday.  For some reason, she always wants me to make her cake instead of letting an expert make it. And to top it off, she wants it done in fondant this time.  I sure would appreciate knowing which fondant recipe to use!!

2 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 19 Feb 2019 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 3

I love liz mareks fondant recipe...http://artisancakecompany.com/2012/11/the-best-marshmallow-fondant-Recipe-Ever/

Incredibly easy to make and work with.  I made it for a two tiered (8" and 6") cake and had more than enough to not only cover the cake but for all my accent pieces.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 19 Feb 2019 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 3

My choice, like Freckles0829, is Liz Marek's LMF.  It does call for a small amount of commercial fondant, so pick up a small box of Wilton on your next trip to Walmart.

No only is the recipe very economical to make, it works wonderfully well and tastes better than commercial products.  Also, it is easy to make if you have a heavy stand mixer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%