Abc Or Smbc For Rosettes?

Decorating By Pucci Cakes Updated 3 Mar 2019 , 7:56pm by Pucci Cakes

Pucci Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pucci Cakes Posted 15 Feb 2019 , 3:17am
post #1 of 9

Hello everyone again. I have to make a rosette 2 tired cake (photo below) for this Sunday but the client is picking it up on Saturday. I was wondering if it's ok to  make the rosettes with SMBC or is it safer to use ABC? I've read some stories here how the rosettes fall off the cake after decorated. If I am not mistaken it is better to just crumb coat the cake before adding rosettes and cake should not be cold before applying rosettes, right? One last question, should the cake be kept in the fridge or is it ok to leave it out in a cool place? Thank you. 

Image result for elephant baby shower cake

8 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Feb 2019 , 6:18pm
post #2 of 9

either one will work but smbc melts faster in the bag as you pipe it

-K8memphis Posted 15 Feb 2019 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 9

so in other words there's less waste with abc -- and sure you can refrigerate it afterwards or if it has no hazardous fillings it can stay out -- boxed is always best -- good call on not apply the rosettes to a cold aka condensing cake -- and make sure you jam them onto the sides --

best to you -- happy cakin'

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 16 Feb 2019 , 4:03am
post #4 of 9

If I can refrigerate it after piping the rosettes and the customer has a way of refrigerating it as well, I do SMBC if requested.

If it’s getting picked up a day early and there’s a question as to whether or not the cake will be appropriately stored I might sometimes err on he side of caution and go with the ABC since it’s a bit stiffer.

good luck!

Pucci Cakes Posted 18 Feb 2019 , 3:56pm
post #5 of 9

Thank you all. I think I’ll be making half abc and half smbc and keep it in my cold room. Hope it works out 

Pucci Cakes Posted 3 Mar 2019 , 7:48pm
post #6 of 9

Here’s the cake I made. I ended up using SMBC ONLY and kept it in my cold room and I told the customer to do the same. She send me pictures of the cake and baby shower and it was a hit she said yeahhhh!!!! Thank you all again for your help.

Abc Or Smbc For Rosettes?

-K8memphis Posted 3 Mar 2019 , 7:51pm
post #7 of 9

it's adorable

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 3 Mar 2019 , 7:53pm
post #8 of 9

Well done!

Pucci Cakes Posted 3 Mar 2019 , 7:56pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you. The only reason I didn’t like it it’s because I hate to copycat other people’s work but the client didn’t want me to make any changes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%