Cottage Laws In Florida- Have They Changed?

Business By uharugger Updated 14 Feb 2019 , 5:01am by OHaresTstyTrts

uharugger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uharugger Posted 13 Feb 2019 , 12:36am
post #1 of 2

I am in Florida and I am a registered cottage law baker. My county is rather lax with it, which I am fine with that. But have the cottage laws in Florida changed recently and I am just missing it? I know we can take orders online now and the gross limit went to $50,000/year.

But there are a handful of cottage law bakers selling their stuff whole sale in our area and/or out of brick and mortar businesses. That was never allowed before. I am trying to see if that is legal now. Or that we are now allowed to rent commercial space, so we can provide brick and mortar businesses. I can't find anything saying either of these things are now allowed. I don't want the state or county to get involved, because I don't want them coming down on everyone in the area. It would be an unnecessary annoyance for me and potentially impact the whole cottage law industry. If it is legal, that is awesome, because I have passed up over a dozen different businesses this past year who wanted to use me.  But I can't find any information about it.

1 reply
OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 14 Feb 2019 , 5:01am
post #2 of 2

To my knowledge, that aspect of the law hasn't changed. You still have to sell directly to the consumer. What those cottage law bakers are doing would be illegal under the current law.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%