Surprise Inside Loaf Cake ?

Baking By SandraDee73 Updated 4 days ago by SandraDee73

SandraDee73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraDee73 Posted 4 Feb 2019 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 5

I'd like to try my hand at one of those surprise inside cakes...The kind where you slice the cake and there's another color/shape inside. I would like to do a vanilla cake with a chocolate football running down the center. I get the general idea (bake the chocolate loaf cake, slice and use football shaped cutter, then stack inside vanilla cake batter), but does anyone know how I can get the white lace/stripes on the football?

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 Feb 2019 , 12:09am
post #2 of 5

you could do a plain white little ovaly thing to mimic where the laces go -- that you cut out separate and insert into the football cut out but laces would be difficult

-K8memphis Posted 5 Feb 2019 , 12:14am
post #3 of 5

no -- idk -- would be pretty hard -- you'd have to have a third color and place it across the top of the football -- maybe just like four laces -- little strips placed on there -- would be difficult/impossible to ensure they would not rise off the surface of the football kwim

-K8memphis Posted 5 Feb 2019 , 12:30am
post #4 of 5

profiles work best -- intricate stuff is intricate hahahaha

SandraDee73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraDee73 Posted 4 days ago
post #5 of 5

Thanks K8memphis! I appreciate your help. I ended up ditching the idea. Maybe I'll go for something a bit more simpler when I attempt!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%