Kitchen Rental Space - Hampton, Va

Business By CreativeGirl220 Updated 5 Feb 2019 , 10:28pm by sweetooth94

CreativeGirl220 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeGirl220 Posted 26 Jan 2019 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone,

I am looking to rent kitchen space in Hampton Roads, VA. I have called around to different establishments but I always get the answer "No" they don't do that. My apartment will not allow me to operate a business there. Does anyone know of a kitchen rental space in the Hampton Roads area? Has anyone ever experienced this and found away around being able to legally bake cakes as a business? 

2 replies
sweetooth94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth94 Posted 5 Feb 2019 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 3

What kind of establishments have you inquired at?  Have you tried looking into firehalls, social halls or church kitchens that have commercial grade kitchens at their locations?  I personally have a commercial kitchen at my home and have always baked from here, but my health inspector and I chat during my inspections.  Last time he was here he asked me if I heard about a local lady that was baking Cheesecakes out of a church kitchen a few miles away.  The church kitchen is licensed "commercial" and she paid weekly to use it certain days.  He said she had a nice setup there (because he inspected her).  If you are inquiring at restaurants, I'm guessing they don't want to give up space to you since they use it daily.  But firehalls and churches only use their kitchens during funeral dinners and events - the rest of the time they are empty.  They may like a bit of income if someone is willing to pay them to use it.  Good luck! 

sweetooth94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth94 Posted 5 Feb 2019 , 10:28pm
post #3 of 3

It's me again -- I also know of an old church that was converted to a flower shop upstairs and a community room in the basement.  In the basement of the church is the old church kitchen (now part of the community room but it was the church's original fellowship hall).  There is a caterer that rents the kitchen downstairs whenever she has orders.  The flower shop doesn't need or use the kitchen - it just came with the building when they purchased it.  WIN, WIN for them both!  Flower shop gets some bonus rent money and the caterer has access to a commercial kitchen when she needs one.  Again, good luck finding something.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%