What's A Good Book You've Read Or Show You've Seen Lately -- Many Thanks

Lounge By -K8memphis Updated 16 Jan 2019 , 2:47pm by -K8memphis

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Jan 2019 , 1:40am
post #1 of 14

I need a new book -- what's a good one you liked and kinda describe it a bit -- 

I especially like books that have chicks who are the lead characters -- 

and btw -- I just finished watching mcleod's daughters -- it was a perfect tv show for me -- it was about a bunch of chicks who run a cattle/sheep farm in western australia in current day -- like 224 episodes!!! it was wonderful -- it's on amazon prime -- loved it!

13 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 14 Jan 2019 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 14

Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels are hysterical.  Stephanie is a Jersey girl, bounty hunter who loves big hair, makeup and birthday cake.  She is  not a very good one and tends to get herself in trouble a lot.  She has a boyfriend who is a cop and a sorta of boyfriend who is a badass that sometimes helps her apprehend criminals.  There are at least 15 of them and start with numbers - One for the Money, and on and on.

Another series we thoroughly enjoyed was Sue Grafton's Kinsey Millhone novels.  Kinsey is a private investigator and, much like Stephanie, doesn't start out as the best in the West!  This series starts with the letter A is for..... and goes right through the alphabet.  I think X or Y was the last book because Sue Grafton passed away.

McLeod's Daughters sounds wonderfull.  I am going to check out Netflix.

-K8memphis Posted 14 Jan 2019 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 14

cool! thank you sandra! --

sorry to hear about ms. grafton though

inthekitchen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inthekitchen2 Posted 14 Jan 2019 , 11:30pm
post #4 of 14

I heard many good things about, "The Wife Between Us", and I can see why. I just started, but have a hard time putting it down. Rave reviews on it.

-K8memphis Posted 14 Jan 2019 , 11:52pm
post #5 of 14

thank you, inthekitchen!

doz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doz Posted 15 Jan 2019 , 1:47am
post #6 of 14

I have to second SandraSmiley's choices. I have read both series and loved them!  Happy reading.   

-K8memphis Posted 15 Jan 2019 , 2:03am
post #7 of 14

well doz, thank you -- gimme another one blush

doz Posted 15 Jan 2019 , 2:19am
post #8 of 14

ok K8memphis, not sure the type of book you prefer but Stephanie Bond has several good books as does Vanessa Gray Bartel( A Lacey Steele Mystery), Do you have a Kindle?

-K8memphis Posted 15 Jan 2019 , 2:35am
post #9 of 14

yes I do have a kindle -- got a new one -- i'm on it -- THANK YOU!!!!

doz Posted 15 Jan 2019 , 2:38am
post #10 of 14

Oh and another great series is the HOUSEWiFE ASSASSIN by Josie Brown a fun read,   I love to read can you tell?

-K8memphis Posted 15 Jan 2019 , 2:39am
post #11 of 14

doz -- I knew you had some titles in you smile thank you

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Jan 2019 , 4:43am
post #12 of 14

Other books that I loved, loved, loved were Margret Mitchell's Gone With The Wind, Jean Auel's The Clan of the Cave Bear series and The Mists of Avalon by Mation Zimmer Bradley.

Of course, you are familiar with Gone With The Wind.  The Clan of the Cave Bear is about a cro magnan woman who was captured by a tribe of neanderthals, so would not appeal to everyone, but I loved the whole series.  I think there are four, maybe five books.  The Mists of Avalon  is a story based upon the King Arthur legend.  I am a huge fan and this is the best of the genre.

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Jan 2019 , 4:56am
post #13 of 14

Best you read The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorn when you were in high school.  If you didn't, it is so worth reading. I also loved Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory MaGuire.

I could go on and on (can you tell that I am a reader?)...........

-K8memphis Posted 16 Jan 2019 , 2:47pm
post #14 of 14

awesome, yes I can! thank you, sandra -- I wrote 'em all down blush

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%