Pricing Dessert Tables

Baking By Linda2 Updated 10 Jan 2019 , 4:18am by johnson6ofus

Linda2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linda2 Posted 9 Jan 2019 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 2

I am in the process of preparing price lists and inclusions for dessert tables. If any one out there has had experience with catering and pricing and also any information that I should include for the client, I would appreciate it greatly.

(I read a previous post that "Indydebi" was a retired caterer and that she would be a good source of info). Thanks so much! 

1 reply
johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 10 Jan 2019 , 4:18am
post #2 of 2

That category is so broad as the food itself is only a small part of the entire project. A few plastic platters of Costco cookies dropped on a plastic buffet table is referred to as a "dessert table"....no?  And also the ornate, theme included, crystal platters with silver servers, tiered displays, elaborate set ups can also be labeled as a "dessert table".  Your best bet is probably the "ala cart" pricing method that allows the customer to choose "what's included", as well as warning them about what is NOT included (not paid for/ purchased by them) but might be expected. 

Many options but you need to cover these primary areas----

SET UP : labor costs for the actual delivery and plating of all items, as well as table set and decoration. 

TABLESCAPE:  Decorative items added to the table to enhance presentation including tablecloths, flowers, pillars, lighting, signage,  heirloom pieces, etc. (Customer provided? Rental items from outside source or you? ) NOTE: establish number of tables and who provides them. 

Plates, platters, serving utensils: You provide? Including rental fees, deposits, return responsibility and penalties.

Edibles: all included dessert items including cookies, bars, tarts, cupcakes, pops, cakes, pies, etc. Number, type, flavors, etc. 

Disposables. paper goods: Napkins, forks, plates, "to go" baggies, etc. Again, who provides?

Clean up/ break down/ rental item returns: Who will handle this?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%