Help!!!!!! Scrambled Eggs Italian Meringue Buttercream

Decorating By cleocastmo Updated 2 Jan 2019 , 1:55pm by Freckles0829

cleocastmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cleocastmo Posted 1 Jan 2019 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 3

hello everyone, i tried to make italian buttercream twice and failed.

my mixture turned to be like scrambled eggs when i added the butter into meringue, 

which added hot sugar syrup and whipped till room temperature. 

I followed the recipe perfectly and i dunno what happened. 

Thought it could be like fluffy cream if I keep whisking with high speed (table mixer), 

but it turned to be a harder, overcooked scrambled eggs, also there was some milky water leaking form the mixture at the bottom. 

Could anyone help me with this desperate situation? 

Thank you so much sob

2 replies
yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 1 Jan 2019 , 11:30pm
post #2 of 3

It will separate and not come together if the butter is too cold.  Try warming the bowl while mixing and it should come together.  When this happens to me, I warm the bowl gently with a blow dryer until it just starts to come together, then continue to mix until smooth.  Not sure if that is the problem, but sounds like one possibility.  

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 2 Jan 2019 , 1:55pm
post #3 of 3

Just keep whisking!  Sounds like what yortma said, that most likely your butter was too cold/hard.  I typically make IMBC and freeze it and when I am being impatient I will try to whisk still semi-frozen/cold IMBC and it will do exactly as yours did.  So I just let the mixer run until everything warms up and comes together.  But a hairdryer or hot towel around the bowl will speed up the process.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%