Thanksgiving Offerings

Business By HajraK Updated 11 Nov 2018 , 4:31am by HajraK

HajraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HajraK Posted 8 Nov 2018 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 6

HI everyone,

In your experience, what do most people want to order for the Thanksgiving holiday - a cake/pie or cupcakes? I was planning on having a super cheap flash sale for one dozen cupcakes but seems like other people Ive asked this about on other forums say its a bad idea because at this time of year people dont want cupcakes, they want CAKE OR PIE! Really? I've never offered a Thankgiving specific menu before, but I felt like the cupcake flash sale would have been a quick way to make some easy money for the holidays. I've started to make a cake menu for Thanksgiving but part of me can't let go of this cupcake idea because I think more people would be inclined to spend less on one dozen cupcakes over $45 for a 2 layer round cake.

Thoughts?

5 replies
HajraK Posted 8 Nov 2018 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 6

Oh and I don't want to do both options because I don't think I'll make enough profit on the cheap cupcakes if I also throw in the cakes.

inthekitchen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inthekitchen2 Posted 8 Nov 2018 , 11:30pm
post #3 of 6

For me, it's pumpkin rolls, pies, and decorated sugar cookies for Thanksgiving. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 9 Nov 2018 , 4:11pm
post #4 of 6

Since baking was my first hobby (except drawing) since I was like five years old, I've never purchased anything for Thanksgiving, always made it myself.  However, I would never consider cupcakes for a Thanksgiving dinner.  To me, that is the time of year to serve those you love very special treats, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, coconut cake, jam cake, carrot cake, homemade pastries and breads.  In fact, I never think of cupcakes for anything except a child's birthday party.       

cakefan92 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefan92 Posted 10 Nov 2018 , 1:20am
post #5 of 6

It's not Thanksgiving without pumpkin and pecan pie.  I know it's hard to let go of an idea but there are very few people (at least that I know) who will want cupcakes for Thanksgiving.  If you do the cupcake bouquets, you could advertise them as hostess gifts for those families who are going to Grandma's this year, but other than that I don't think you'll have many takers.

HajraK Posted 11 Nov 2018 , 4:31am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think you guys are right!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%