Macaron Batter Leaks

Baking By dream_cakes15 Updated 9 Nov 2018 , 8:24pm by SandraSmiley

dream_cakes15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dream_cakes15 Posted 8 Nov 2018 , 10:59pm
post #1 of 6

Recently I’ve been learning to make macarons. So far everything’s been going pretty good. My only problem is that when I go to pipe the batter onto my parchment paper the batter keeps running out of the tip even when I have released the pressure. I’m pretty certain I’m not over mixing the batter cause I’m able to make perfect ribbons when testing it and my macarons come out good just not in perfect circles lol. I’m wondering if I should fill my piping bag less and maybe using a much smaller tip. I hope I can figure this out soon cause Ill be needing some to decorate a cake I’ll be making soon. TIA to anyone that wants to help!:)

5 replies
rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 9 Nov 2018 , 3:33am
post #2 of 6

The batter does sound like it's too loose, especially since it isn't holding a round shape. Maybe try under mixing a little than what you have been doing. You could try putting less in the bag for better control when you pipe. I'm not sure off hand what tip number I usually use, but it's probably a little under a 1/2". 

dream_cakes15 Posted 9 Nov 2018 , 8:15am
post #3 of 6

Ok I will give that a try. Thank you!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 9 Nov 2018 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 6

Ditto what rychevamp said.  There is an online course which looks wonderful that has been reduced to $25.  I am seriously considering investing in this one.

dream_cakes15 Posted 9 Nov 2018 , 6:57pm
post #5 of 6

@sandrasmiley Hi Sandra! I didn’t know there was such a thing. That’s cool! What’s it called? 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 9 Nov 2018 , 8:24pm
post #6 of 6

Hi dream_cakes15.  Craftsy has a class on macarons, too, but I think this one if more detailed and I've heard other people say it is fabulous.  Here is the link:

https://www.udemy.com/perfect-french-macarons/?couponCode=PFM-FB-SHARE-25&fbclid=IwAR2ZBqf1M0faqKw3Ar3v4fnd-gk9h6hPrXHuBP4Jbn8vlDEBiBSuFeHPRiI

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%