mmhassa2 Posted 3 Oct 2018 , 12:38pm
post #1 of 6

How is the teal cake effect is done?

How Is The Teal Cake Effect Is Done?

5 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 3 Oct 2018 , 1:27pm
post #2 of 6

It is what I call the water color effect, which is achieved by first completely smoothing the cake with white buttercream, then add blobs of colored frosting in any pattern you desire, then smoothing and blending it in with the bench scraper.

mmhassa2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmhassa2 Posted 3 Oct 2018 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 6

Can it be done on fondant say with a sponge paint type of effect? Maybe dab tissue?

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 3 Oct 2018 , 3:36pm
post #4 of 6

You could definitely do this on a fondant covered cake.  I would just vary the intensity of the teal color and start from the bottom up.  I would probably just use a brush and paint the color on, but I don't see why you couldn't play around with different tools to see the effect they give.  Practice on some extra fondant to see what tool you like best and also to make sure the colors are what  you want them to be.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 3 Oct 2018 , 6:01pm
post #5 of 6

Sure and I think the sponge is a great idea and would give the closest approximation to the photo.

melbakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melbakescakes Posted 6 Oct 2018 , 12:08am
post #6 of 6

Looks like fondant to me! Use petal dusts mixed with everclear and make it a watercolour, paint it on then use a sponge or paper towel to wipe it off. It is very fun! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%