Cookies

Baking By KatyN Updated 28 Sep 2018 , 2:46am by SandraSmiley

KatyN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatyN Posted 26 Sep 2018 , 10:39am
post #1 of 5

I know this is Cake Central - just wondering if it’s ok to post about my current cookie predicament?  I mostly do cakes but am doing some R&D for   cookies too.

If not, I understand - if so, here it is:

The current cookie I’m trying to make come into fruition is made with browned butter, coconut, pecans...either Malibu or Jamaican Dark Rum.  I’ve added lots of freshly grated nutmeg, just can’t seem to get the flavor I want: richness from the butter is there, texture from the coconut and nuts...I want a cookie that imparts a somewhat deep, spiced tone.  Very island-y.  Considering added lemon or lime zest to brighten it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Sep 2018 , 2:46pm
post #2 of 5

you might want to balance the nutmeg with any one or a combination of these spices -- cinnamon, cayenne and a dit dot of clove-- i would start with those -- i'd use a hot saigon type cinnamon -- could also try -- mace & ginger --

i know you already have rum in there -- but another thought is -- if possible add a spiced coffee 

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 26 Sep 2018 , 7:48pm
post #3 of 5

Cut down on the nutmeg and use allspice.

WYBee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WYBee Posted 27 Sep 2018 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 5

I would replace the nutmeg with ginger.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 28 Sep 2018 , 2:46am
post #5 of 5

I agree with Kate, add other sweet spices - love the idea of cinnamon, cayenne and cloves....even nutmeg.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%