Help Need Idea For A Cake

Decorating By dweddings Updated 19 Sep 2018 , 3:33am by WYBee

dweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dweddings Posted 16 Sep 2018 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 14

Need help with a cake. I have a  friend who needs a cake for her husbands 40th surprise birthday party. Here is where I need help because I am stumped. She wants the cake to be based on his love of GOLF. She wants it to show his love of music by having a vinyl record some how incorporated into the cake or made or made of cake. Last she wants a fondant sharpie marker on the cake. I cannot  think of how to make golf,sharpie marker & vinyl record go together to make a  cake that meshes together. Please does anyone have any ideas  ?????????                                                                                                                                                        

13 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 Sep 2018 , 9:48pm
post #2 of 14

just stick them on there -- it only meshes because it's his cake -- you could make the whole top of the cake the record -- you could put the golf ball and sharpie on top of it --

you could put a bottom border of a whole string of golf balls all the way around -- and have the sharpie sticking up out of the record like it was a spindle

-K8memphis Posted 16 Sep 2018 , 9:55pm
post #3 of 14

another cute thing would be to put the golf balls on the top of the cake -- i'm picturing a round cake here -- and set the record on top of the golf balls -- put the sharpie anywhere -- 

maybe use a big gingerbread cookie to make the record -- make it with honey because molasses responds to humidity and honey doesn't --

but i'm sure there's tutorials on how to make records too on you tube --

it would also be cute to make the cake a record player and have the golf balls all stacked up in the middle -- one on top the other -- to be the spindle and the record is on top of that -- on top of the stack of golf balls -- then you could devise the sharpie as the arm that holds the needle or it could be standing up like it was the needle -- a little artistic license --

what speed record? -- they come in different sizes & designs

-K8memphis Posted 16 Sep 2018 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 14

or you could have a golfer standing on the record using a sharpie as a golf club and the golf ball on a tee sticking up out of the center of the record -- bam!

WYBee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WYBee Posted 16 Sep 2018 , 11:33pm
post #5 of 14

My first thought is to have a record be on top of the cake with a golf tee as the spindle and a golf ball on top. If you're feeling up to it, make a golfer as well. On the side of the cake write happy birthday with an edible marker and make the fondant sharpie with the lid off. Lay the sharpie on the board alongside the cake, somehow make it look as though the happy birthday was written with the sharpie.

-K8memphis Posted 16 Sep 2018 , 11:42pm
post #6 of 14

wybee -- i like that! oh you got it!! 

dweddings Posted 17 Sep 2018 , 10:08am
post #7 of 14

Thank you both for such great ideas.K8memphis thank you once again for coming to my rescue . You have helped me so many times “THANK YOU”

post #8 of 14

Thank you both for such great ideas.K8memphis thank you once again for coming to my rescue . You have helped me so many times “THANK YOU”

post #9 of 14

-K8memphis Posted 17 Sep 2018 , 10:52am
post #10 of 14

thank you, dweddings, you are very welcome -- yeah just put in a quarter and outs pops more ideas than i can manage hahahaha

but WYBee nailed it!

WYBee Posted 18 Sep 2018 , 3:12pm
post #11 of 14

Thanks K8! I admit that I used your ideas as a launchpad for mine.

-K8memphis Posted 18 Sep 2018 , 3:36pm
post #12 of 14

thanks for saying that -- i had typed earlier that i woulda gotten there eventually -- but i didn't like the way that sounded -- but you know what i mean -- because you got there ahead of me -- hahahahaha

thank you -- great minds and all that -- only mine's slower hahahahaha

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 18 Sep 2018 , 9:42pm
post #13 of 14

My first thought was to make the cake board look like a vinyl record with a golfer or golf course on top of the cake and the writing and sharpie suggested by WYBee is brilliant!

WYBee Posted 19 Sep 2018 , 3:33am
post #14 of 14

I know what you mean K8. You would have gotten there if not better I'm sure. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%