Fondant And Cream Cheese?!

Baking By SobiaHK Updated 1 Sep 2018 , 11:08pm by SandraSmiley

SobiaHK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SobiaHK Posted 1 Sep 2018 , 12:49am
post #1 of 3

Hello,

This is my first time posting here, looking for some insight on my problem.

So I'm making a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. It needs to be covered with fondant. Today is Friday night, customer wants to pick it up Saturday morning, she will serve it Sunday afternoon/evening. 

My experience with putting fondant in the fridge has not been great, it gets condensation. Any suggestions on this? Cream cheese from my knowledge needs to be refrigerated. Should I put my fondant covered cake in the fridge or outside? If I leave it outside will it taste good by Sunday?

As well, how long can a buttercream covered cake sit outside? Same schedule in terms of making, deliver and serving as above.

Please help!!!

2 replies
jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 1 Sep 2018 , 1:31am
post #2 of 3

I’ve read this cream cheese dilemma many times. There is more than enough icing sugar to offset the cream cheese, so cake really doesn’t need to be refrigerated. As long as the cake is stored in a cool area, it will be fine. As far as how long a buttercream cake will last outside. It really depends on the weather. Obviously the hotter and more humid, the quicker the icing will deteriorate. Of course buttercream cakes can be refrigerated until delivery. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 1 Sep 2018 , 11:08pm
post #3 of 3

I refrigerate fondant covered cakes all the time with no problems.  The condensate doesn't hurt anything.  Just let it set untouched until it drys.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%