Can I Add Instant Pudding Mix Into A Swiss Meringue Buttercream(Made With Meringue Powder)

Decorating By anonymous1 Updated 19 Aug 2018 , 12:38am by anonymous1

anonymous1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anonymous1 Posted 14 Aug 2018 , 10:17pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, 

I want to make a swiss meringue recipe made with meringue powder. I am using this one: 

Do you think it will be okay to add instant vanilla pudding mix with the meringue powder into the water? I really like the taste of the mix and feel like it will add a nice and unique flavor. Will the mix make my buttercream grainy. I want to add it with the water so it dissolves.

How much pudding mix should I add? And do I need to make any other changes?

Thank You 

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Aug 2018 , 10:55pm
post #2 of 4

i didn't watch it -- but if you mean add the pudding  to the water used in making the meringue -- i would not do that -- because you want to get your meringue right -- then you can mess around all you want -- your meringue probably won't whip right if you don't use the water as called for -- but afterwards-- take out a little and add some pudding mix and see how you like it -- you could add pudding mix to the butter too

lemme know how it goes 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Aug 2018 , 11:15am
post #3 of 4

when i said "take out a little" i mean take out a little icing or the meringue or like i said put it in some of the butter -- but my point was just experiment on a little bit of it -- not the whole batch -- you can do several experiments and still have a lot leftover that is fine to use as the recipe is written -- kwim

anonymous1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anonymous1 Posted 19 Aug 2018 , 12:38am
post #4 of 4

Thanks. Will let you know how it goes

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%