Flower Tub Cake

Decorating By Debbieshobby Updated 7 Jul 2018 , 1:27pm by -K8memphis

Debbieshobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbieshobby Posted 7 Jul 2018 , 10:51am
post #1 of 5

Hi I am planning to make a flower tub cake - the type that has wood all around and is a tapered shape. Probably a 8-9 round in size. My question is about whether I would need a cake board in the middle if the cake height is 5-6 inches. Or is this not required. I plan to fill with buttercream and cover in ganache. Thanks 

4 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Jul 2018 , 12:00pm
post #2 of 5

maybe -- 

-K8memphis Posted 7 Jul 2018 , 12:01pm
post #3 of 5

probably not but just depends on the construction and freshness of the cake how heavy everything gets -- for five inches no for six inches maybe-maybe not

Debbieshobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbieshobby Posted 7 Jul 2018 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks - yes I think it’s just one of those invetween heights. Looking at some tutorials on carving the tapered shape they don’t use a board in between and cakes do look quite tall. Thanks for replying 

-K8memphis Posted 7 Jul 2018 , 1:27pm
post #5 of 5

so many unknown factors:

• are the flowers on stems sticking up or sitting on top of the cake --
  • how humid is it
  • what kind of cake is it -- how long has it been out of the oven -- how was it held --
  • are you delivering and what kind/how long of a  pathway do you have -- easy or difficult
  • if delivered is it sealed up tight in a box and cold or not boxed depending on car ac 
  • is the taper bigger on top or the bottom

???

and I mean you answer those for yourself but do you need a board & dowel - maybe maybe not blush

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%