Friday Night Cake Club For 7/06/18

Decorating By kstevens Updated 11 Jul 2018 , 1:29pm by thecanadian160

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 7 Jul 2018 , 12:20am
post #1 of 10

Opening up another session of FNCC!  Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

No cakes for me this week and I am very thankful for that! We've had temperatures in the mid 30s all week accompanied by high humidity.  It was 37 yesterday at 5pm when I left work!  Much too warm for my liking and I don't have A.C. in the house.  Hope everyone has had a great week and look forward to seeing your creations.

Kelly

9 replies
me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 9 Jul 2018 , 3:12am
post #2 of 10

No real cakes here either - a rare cake free week was had last week and I enjoyed every bit of it! Until I got to wondering just what the heck 'normal' people do with their evenings off. May have gotten a little 'cake play withdrawal' towards the end of the week. 

Just had one little two tier dummy cake to whack some buttercream on for Sunday but the photoshoot it's for is not until tomorrow so I won't see any pics of what the florist does until after it.

Rachel_n_VA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel_n_VA Posted 9 Jul 2018 , 2:51pm
post #3 of 10

Rachel_n_VA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel_n_VA Posted 9 Jul 2018 , 2:54pm
post #4 of 10

I made six dozen regular size cupcakes and who-knows-how-many mini ones for four events.  The red velvet minis were for a funeral reception (the dear lady's favorite color was red) with Kate's fabulous faux cream cheese frosting.  Other flavors were lemon with blueberry buttercream, chocolate with raspberry filling and buttercream, vanilla with vanilla, and chocolate with salted caramel.  The big ones were well-received at both the baby shower and neighborhood potluck.  The rest of the minis are in the freezer awaiting an event next week.

I have nothing but respect for those of you who do this professionally.  I had a blast, but after a full afternoon of cupcaking, I was done in!

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 9 Jul 2018 , 3:24pm
post #5 of 10

I had a small cake for a kids second birthday.  It was Moana inspired.  Probably the first cake I have done that I haven't stressed about which was a nice change :)

In two weeks I have to make 25 mickey mouse cake pops.  Thankfully it is only 25 because those things take forever!

whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 9 Jul 2018 , 4:46pm
post #6 of 10

Yup!  That's a lot of cupcakes!

I like that cake and the "2".  Is that chocolate?

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 9 Jul 2018 , 4:51pm
post #7 of 10

Quote by @whatthedogate on 3 minutes ago

Yup!  That's a lot of cupcakes!

I like that cake and the "2".  Is that chocolate?

Fondant actually.  I painted it with piping gel to give it some shine.

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 10 Jul 2018 , 10:40pm
post #8 of 10

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 10 Jul 2018 , 10:42pm
post #9 of 10

All I did this past week was make some Oreo cupcakes to take to my sisters baby shower Saturday. It was the first time I had made them with the Oreo in the bottom, and they seem to be a big hit! Everybody liked them! I thought they would be too sweet with the cookies and cream buttercream, but they were just right. Lol 

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 11 Jul 2018 , 1:29pm
post #10 of 10

Rachel- That's a lot of cupcakes to keep track of!

Freckles- Simple yet elegant. I really like the heart of Te Fiti, nice touch. 

Gigglebox- Those Oreo cupcakes look delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%