Harry Potter Cake

Business By Melissakaykimball Updated 4 Jul 2018 , 2:26pm by -K8memphis

Melissakaykimball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissakaykimball Posted 3 Jul 2018 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 6

This is the second thread I am starting because for some reason I was not able to add a photo, so I am trying again.  I'm also having problems replying to any conversation, which is why I'm just starting over and seeing if this will work better this time.  

I am just starting to sell my cakes and trying to gain more confidence in what to charge. This is cake I did last year for my daughter and have had severa people ask what I would charge to do a cake like this again. It’s a 9” 3 layer cake with a carved book cake and modeling chocolate sorting hat topper.  It would serve 18-30. I’ve done research in my area and determined my costs, but so much of this is subjective and based on quality and skill-level which is why I am interested in professional opinions of those who have been selling cakes. After pricing out each of the elements based on time and materials, I’m thinking about $350-$400. What do you think?  Does that seem reasonable for this cake?

I would definitely appreciate any advice and guidance.  I'm sorry if you don't hear from me...its most likely because the website isn't allowing me to respond.  Hopefully I can get that figured out as well! :)

Harry Potter CakeHarry Potter CakeHarry Potter Cake

5 replies
whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 3 Jul 2018 , 9:24pm
post #2 of 6

Wow!  That's a great cake.  You have so many great details on there.  Sorry I can't help on price but I'm sure others can chime in on that.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Jul 2018 , 10:35pm
post #3 of 6

yeah $400 is cool -- blush

cake central gets cranky sometimes with people posting onto their own threads sometimes -- so thanks for re-posting -- yeah $400 -- good work clap nicely balanced with the glasses and wand and scarf -- love it

-K8memphis Posted 3 Jul 2018 , 10:39pm
post #4 of 6

oh and the little flying soccer ball dooey and yeah the book is weathered so nicely and the old tyme lettering -- see there's a Lot more to your cake that the picture fills in -- $400 easy peasy

whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 4 Jul 2018 , 3:49am
post #5 of 6

@k8memphis...little flying soccer ball dooey...lol...golden snitch   :)

-K8memphis Posted 4 Jul 2018 , 2:26pm
post #6 of 6

right right right -- I kept thinking triptych and I knew that wasn't it blush thank you wahtthedogate

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%