What Even Went Wrong???

Baking By andreaur12 Updated 3 Jul 2018 , 12:44am by SandraSmiley

andreaur12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andreaur12 Posted 2 Jul 2018 , 4:58am
post #1 of 7

So i made a 3 tier cake today , 8,6,4. And it was very small because thats what they asked for. Anyway 5 hours later after I dropped it off, I get a call saying this happened. They weren't mad and were willing to pay me to fix the cake. So I'm guessing it was their fault. But I am not sure, because this has never happened before. It was doweled, and the top layers were not heavy, overall it was a small cake.

They transported it after I delivered it. And I live in AZ were it is extremely hot. So I am wondering if it was the heat? Doweled wrong? (I've made way bigger cakes.) Or do you think they bumped it? 

They kept saying it wasn't my fault, but they want it re-done for tomorrow. What Even Went Wrong???

6 replies
GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 2 Jul 2018 , 6:05am
post #2 of 7

It looks as though they have knocked it over or attempted to save it after a mistake of some sort. Definitely not your fault.

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 2 Jul 2018 , 6:27am
post #3 of 7

I agree with GIGGLEBOX. They said they would pay you to fix the cake? That doesn't look like it can be fixed, but a complete remake! I'm not sure how I would handle the payment part, but in reality they would be paying the same as they did the first time. Do you have time to do it?

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 2 Jul 2018 , 12:24pm
post #4 of 7

They did more than bump it.  It looks like they dropped the darn thing!

That is definitely a complete remake.  I would also be charging the same price as the original plus an additional rush fee.  Luckily they are taking responsibility about the cake-tastrophy instead of trying to pin it on you.

Gingerlocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingerlocks Posted 2 Jul 2018 , 2:25pm
post #5 of 7

I mean you just have to look at the top tier to know it wasn't your fault. It's all smashed and I'm guessing someone dropped something on it. I mean if they want to pay you to fix it and you're willing to, go for it, but don't stress yourself out if you're busy and definitely charge for it. 

Bakerlady2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakerlady2 Posted 2 Jul 2018 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 7

Since they KNEW it wasn't your fault..I wonder if a dog or cat started eating it? 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 3 Jul 2018 , 12:44am
post #7 of 7

It appears to me to either have been knocked into something or something fell on or hit it.  The frosting looks pretty soft, so it is possible they had it setting out in the heat for an extended period of time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%