Friday Night Cake Club For 6/22/18

Decorating By kstevens Updated 24 Jun 2018 , 7:38am by shdvl

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 23 Jun 2018 , 2:07am
post #1 of 9

Opening up another session of FNCC!  Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

I am late getting started tonight as I delivered  cake to a grand opening for a local art gallery.  It was my first cake delivery disaster as the top two tiers fell over going around a turn (for which I was going very slow).  Thankfully I wasn't too far from home so I was able to return home to make repairs and save it.  It was more eventful of an evening than I needed!  I'm not 100% sure what I did wrong but one corner of the second tier seemed to collapse a bit and that is what I believe lead to it toppling over.  I lucked out in that I had finished the cake with ganache that had a bit of a spackled effect rather than being mirror smooth so the few blemishes weren't noticeable.  I was also lucky that it was a friend who requested the cake so he was very understanding when I was late.  The cake was a hit and people didn't even know that I had to make a panic repair on it.  Phew!  I'll post pics once I get them off my camera.

I hope everyone else has had a less eventful evening and week!

Kelly

8 replies
sweettherapy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettherapy Posted 23 Jun 2018 , 2:28am
post #2 of 9

Oh wow Kelly, great save!!! Can’t wait to see the pictures.

I did a  Tim burton theme cake, the awful part was I had to make a grave that said “sparky” and that is the name of one of my 2 dogs! 

kstevens Posted 23 Jun 2018 , 2:52am
post #3 of 9

Pre-toppling over:

kstevens Posted 23 Jun 2018 , 2:54am
post #4 of 9

After repairs.  The edge of the top tier was crushed so I angled it off ☹:

kstevens Posted 23 Jun 2018 , 3:00am
post #5 of 9

This is their logo and they use bright pink on their website is how I cam up with the design:

sweettherapy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettherapy Posted 23 Jun 2018 , 2:56pm
post #6 of 9

That was an awesome save

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 24 Jun 2018 , 4:14am
post #7 of 9

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 24 Jun 2018 , 5:10am
post #8 of 9

This was my only cake this week. It is my very first square cake! It is an 8 inch double barrel. I was thankful for a design that I could play with and not need to make perfect especially with the late notice from my coworker. Lol. It is a Minecraft themed cake covered in crushed oreos and graham crackers. The little Lego topper was put together by the kiddo and his mom then given to me to place on the cake. Both my kiddos love Minecraft so they have been drooling over it. Hehehehe. 

**Very nice save lady! Don’t think I would have been able to pull myself together long enough to fix it. Lol. 

shdvl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shdvl Posted 24 Jun 2018 , 7:38am
post #9 of 9

I had fun this week. My neighbor's little girl was turning 6. The party theme was Rainbow Unicorn Princess. So after brain storming her mom and I created a 10 inch rainbow French vanilla cake with chocolate ganache and strawberries filling. I also made 4 dozen sugar cookies within the theme. I will post pictures later today as they are on my phone not my computer. Her mom made "unicorn popcorn" for the movie she planned to play during the party.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%