Help Add Swiss Meringue Buttercream To Approved Cfo Items - Ca Cottage Food Operations

Business By wedcakestudio

wedcakestudio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wedcakestudio Posted 20 Jun 2018 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 1

Hello bakers! I recently moved, and sold my commercial bakery in California. I decided to start a new wedding cake business from my home (Cottage Food Operation). I have been so shocked by some of the items that are not approved for production by a CFO! If any of you are familiar with the approved item list in Texas, it makes some of the unapproved items in CA even more frustrating. If you're in the same boat and frustrated by this short list of approved items, there's a way to request that certain items be tested and added to the approved list.

Let's flood the state with requests for approval of Swiss meringue buttercream, chocolate ganache, and lemon curd (any other requests?)! Fill out this form and send it in: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CEH/DFDCS/CDPH%20Document%20Library/FDB/FoodSafetyProgram/CottageFood/fdb_CFOapplication.pdf

They are going to be looking for key items - like using pasteurized egg whites, cooking temperature, etc... so while the form does not allow submission of recipes or formulas, be as specific as possible when it comes to ingredients and cooking methods. Let's get these items on the potentially non-hazardous list! 

Thanks in advance!

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%