Hi Ratio Is Off Market...now What?

Decorating By leannrr Updated 20 Jun 2018 , 5:24pm by SandraSmiley

leannrr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leannrr Posted 20 Jun 2018 , 4:04am
post #1 of 2

Why are there no posts about the hi-ratio shortening being taken off the market!! ??  I used to order through CK Products and can no longer get.  I've tried their "cake and icing shortening" and its ok.  Just really really miss hi-ratio.  What is everyone using now and what recipe?

I see now CK is selling 3 shortening products.  Which is best?  They are all called "cake and icing shortening" but one is Palm Oil based, one is Soy bean based, and one has no other description/soon being discontinued.  They also have Sweetex, but it only comes in 50# tub and I've never used so leary to buy that much in case its not what I want.

1 reply
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 20 Jun 2018 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 2

There has been tons of discussions regarding the h-ratio shortening being taken  off the market.  I still have Sweetex in the freezer which contains trans-fats, but once it is gone, I plan to go back to Crisco.  It worked just fine for many, many years before I ever heard of hi-ration shortening.  That being said, I use mostly butter anyway and only use shortening when needed for stability against heat and humidity.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%