Advice On Colour Please

Decorating By Rosiepan Updated 17 Jun 2018 , 6:00am by Rosiepan

Rosiepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosiepan Posted 16 Jun 2018 , 12:23pm
post #1 of 7

I am asking on behalf of a friend about what colour this is or how to achieve it. Thanks in advance. Advice On Colour PleaseAdvice On Colour Please

Cake found on Pinterest 

6 replies
me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 16 Jun 2018 , 12:41pm
post #2 of 7

I made a very similarly coloured buttercream recently - I used a tiny amount of Americolor's Ash. 

Rosiepan Posted 16 Jun 2018 , 12:43pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you. 

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 16 Jun 2018 , 9:59pm
post #4 of 7

No problem! Good luck with getting your colour matched   :)

Maybe the teensiest little bit of light blue added would bring out the blue tones in the ash a smidgeon more. Looking forward to seeing your finished product! 

cutiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiger Posted 17 Jun 2018 , 1:23am
post #5 of 7

Wilton makes a Delphineum blue that is that exact color.  It is beautiful and only takes a very tiny amount to achieve that color.

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 17 Jun 2018 , 2:06am
post #6 of 7

Was going to say the same thing. It comes in the Garden color set. Not easily found any more, but I got mine at Joann's fabrics. Love the whole set!

Quote by @cutiger on 41 minutes ago

Wilton makes a Delphineum blue that is that exact color.  It is beautiful and only takes a very tiny amount to achieve that color.

Rosiepan Posted 17 Jun 2018 , 6:00am
post #7 of 7

Thank you for your help. My friends son has asked her to make the cake but not for a while so she has time to practise. I will help her if needed. I have been searching online and that colour in americolor only seems to be in a set. We're from the UK so won't be as easy to source on its own. Will look the Wilton delphinium. Thanks once again for your help. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%