Is It Possible To Make Good Swiss Meringue Buttercream Using An Electric Hand Mixer?

Decorating By AJayZa Updated 27 May 2018 , 5:39pm by whatthedogate

AJayZa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AJayZa Posted 26 May 2018 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 3

For days I have been wanting to try something new and, instead of going the usual route and making regular American Buttercream, I was thinking about being a little more adventurous by making Swiss Meringue Buttercream. I have been very hesitant though. I have never owned a stand mixer and, have always made batters and buttercreams (That's a good name for a website btw lol)  using a hand mixer. I find it to be quite handy actually and, I have never minded the little bit of manual labor but, now I am feeling a bit of anxiety branching out into this unexplored area (unexplored for me, I mean :). Have you ever made SMBC using an electric hand mixer? If so, can you tell me about your experience(s)? Btw, please, if you don't mind, can you give me tips for making SMBC in general? Maybe share some of your favorite recipes for SMBC with me? Thanks in advance!  

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 27 May 2018 , 12:25pm
post #2 of 3

I don't think I've ever made it with a hand held but it is absolutely perfectly do able with one -- go for it

whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 27 May 2018 , 5:39pm
post #3 of 3

The hand mixer might not make it stiff enough to pipe with but it will still taste amazing, I'm sure.  Let us know how it works out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%