Strawberry Shortcake Cake

Baking By MrsClark Updated 24 May 2018 , 3:49am by whatthedogate

MrsClark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsClark Posted 23 May 2018 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 2

Okay... I’m not a professional. Just a simple mom. But my daughter’s birthday is national strawberry shortcake day, and I would like to make her a strawberry shortcake birthday cake. I am really afraid of attempting a cake from scratch, but I can if I have to. 

My questions:

1) what’s the best box cake to use? Angel food cake is an option for me but shortcake would be better. 

2) stabilized whipped cream? Her party will be at the park with a high of 90 degrees. Any suggestions there?

Thank you so much guys! I have searched the forums and done a lot of legwork to find these answers myself but these questions have not yet been directly asked. 

1 reply
whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 24 May 2018 , 3:49am
post #2 of 2

Angel food cake is not too  hard to do. You just need the special tube pan. I would not whip fresh cream and then bring it to a park in 90degrees. Just bring a few cans of redi whip and apply when needed. The strawberries can be cut up and sprinkled with a bit of sugar to masscerate and kept separate until ready to serve. Sounds yummy! Happy birthday to your daughter

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%