What Would You Say?

Business By Melissacruz Updated 13 May 2018 , 2:38am by SandraSmiley

Melissacruz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissacruz Posted 1 May 2018 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 3

What Would You Say?What Would You Say?What Would You Say?What Would You Say?What Would You Say?What Would You Say?What Would You Say?What Would You Say?What Would You Say?What Would You Say?What Would You Say?What Would You Say?

2 replies
lkern777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lkern777 Posted 12 May 2018 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 3

I know this post is 10 days old and it is too late to salvage this customer, but I wanted to ask you a question. If you had ordered the cake in the picture she posted (what she wanted) and received what she received, would you be okay with a partial refund?

I don't know if the order was forgotten and rushed to get done or something like that, but the cake does not look professional.  As decorators we sometimes get offended when a customer does not like a cake we made for them and we sometimes do not treat them properly when it is clearly not the customer's fault. 

Looking at the Facebook page for the business, it looks like this cake is not representative of the usual quality of work. I don't know why this was presented to the customer, but she deserved a full refund and a heartfelt apology that did not include excuses of any kind. I would probably also would have offered some kind of discount on a future cake to try to win her business back.

I feel pretty sure that nobody has commented on this post for 10 days because they did not want to hurt your feelings, and I hope that I haven't, but you should look back on this in retrospect and learn from the experience.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 13 May 2018 , 2:38am
post #3 of 3

I did not respond because I am just now seeing the post.  I agree with lkern777, had I ordered this cake and been expecting a reasonable representation of the picture provided, I would have been badly disappointed.  In fact, I would not have accepted the cake and would have requested a refund right away.  For whatever reason, this cake does not appear to be professional quality.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%