How To Stack Three Spherical Cakes For My Wedding

Baking By Bride2beDonegal Updated 23 Apr 2018 , 3:46am by SandraSmiley

Bride2beDonegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bride2beDonegal Posted 21 Apr 2018 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone. I'm planning on making my own wedding cakes to save costs and also for the fun. I plan on making three spheres and stacking them as in the attached picture. To make it stable I plan on using three fake half sphere bases on which the cakes will rest but I am at a complete loss as to how I can stack them on top of each other??? I would really love some advice. I'm not a professional just someone who bakes for fun! Thank you!!!How To Stack Three Spherical Cakes For My WeddingHow To Stack Three Spherical Cakes For My Wedding

3 replies
yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 22 Apr 2018 , 2:55pm
post #3 of 4

y'know what you should do -- make like the top tier cake and you can cut that for pictures -- do all the rest in foam -- cut yourself a break and just bake up some lovely layer cakes to serve to your guests-- put some grand marnier splash -- whipped cream and strawberries -- they'll never stop talking about it --

best to you

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 23 Apr 2018 , 3:46am
post #4 of 4

The structure could be done relatively easy with PVC and fittings, as yortma suggested, but like -K8memphis, I agree you should make the cake from dummies and make only the top 1/2 sphere cake for pictures.  Consider how much trouble it would be to disassembly this structure for serving at your wedding.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%