Cant Find Cake Box!!

Lounge By khushdht Updated 2 Apr 2018 , 5:30pm by leah_s

khushdht Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khushdht Posted 1 Apr 2018 , 12:58am
post #1 of 3

Hi all,

This is my first time making a 3 tier fondant cake. I just realized that cake boxes for tall cakes are not readily available. What do I do? I am taking the cake to a party next Saturday evening. Should I just make it in the morning and take it to the party somehow? I wanted to finish it a day before but if I do how will I store it? Can I put it in a plastic box? I do have big enough cardboard boxes(I have my vitamix box lying around!) but I am afraid if I put the cake in that kinda box, it will smell of cardboard. I don't want to buy an expensive cake box. Should I put it in a paper bag and saran wrap the open end?Help!! What do I do?

Thank you!

2 replies
SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 1 Apr 2018 , 3:11am
post #2 of 3

I was fortunate to be given a large quantity of brand new, straight from the factory, heavy cardboard boxes which I use from transporting cakes.  They do not make the cakes smell like cardboard and I find them so much stronger and versatile (easy to cut to exact size) that I consider them far superior to flimsy cake boxes.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 2 Apr 2018 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 3

You can find tall cake boxes at your local office supplies store (like Staples).  Just grab one from the shipping section and use it on it's side, so that the side of the box is the bottom/floor and the flaps open on the side/sort of front.  Make sure the side measurement corresponds to the base board of your cake.Corrugated Boxes 24" x 12" x 12" Single Wall 32 ECT - Pkg Qty 25and turn it sideways.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%