Premade Cake Pops!?

Baking By Courtneyscreations2011 Updated 31 Oct 2018 , 12:25am by GIGGLEBOX2014

Courtneyscreations2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Courtneyscreations2011 Posted 27 Feb 2018 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 7

So I am doing an order of two dozen cake pops for Saturday, and I was wanting to do them now on Tuesday. Would they still be good then? I read one lady’s post and she said that  seven days throw away because they wouldn’t be good anymore she said the 11th day the customer ate her cake pop and It had mold inside it?? Anyone had this issue before, and I was just going to mix the cake mix and icing together and just freeze and just dip tomorrow or Thursday, but I forgot and I left my cake mix/icing mixture on the counter last night… That would still be OK to use correct?  It was in airtight container!

6 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 27 Feb 2018 , 3:27pm
post #2 of 7

I made cake pops for a baby shower a week in advance.  I used boxed mix and canned icing...so everything was filled with preservatives :)  Then the candy melt coating basically seals in the freshness (of course not forever, but when you are talking about boxed mixes and such then you get a little more life out of it then if it were made from scratch).  I heard zero complaints.  I also make cake balls every year for Christmas and we are still eating those suckers 2 weeks after I make them and they still taste fine.

I think the mix you have will still be fine since it was in air tight container (it is basically like leaving a cake at room temp).  I would go ahead and roll and dip now.  They should be just fine for Saturday.

Courtneyscreations2011 Posted 27 Feb 2018 , 3:30pm
post #3 of 7

Yeah are used box mix and canned icing as well. Thank you, that’s what I was thinking but I just wanted to be reassured!  Lol  afrter reading that lady‘s post about cake pops have anymore after 11 days it made me weary. 

Freckles0829 Posted 27 Feb 2018 , 3:43pm
post #4 of 7

Since you just made the mix yesterday, your cake pops will only be about 4 days "old" on Saturday so all should be good.  And I am sure the pops will be devoured quickly so they won't have time to go bad after the party is over!

Maybe that lady used homemade cake and icing which could cut back on the number of fresh days you can get from a pop.

Freckles0829 Posted 27 Feb 2018 , 3:52pm
post #5 of 7

Sorry, they will be only 5 days "old."  I was thinking it was Wednesday.  I hate when I think it is a day later than what it actually is :(

Courtneyscreations2011 Posted 27 Feb 2018 , 4:15pm
post #6 of 7

That lady’s post just had me worried! But every else says that there’s last for a really long time. I have two other cakes do this weekend and I just wanna get this done and out of the way! 

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 31 Oct 2018 , 12:25am
post #7 of 7

@Coutneyscreations2011 how did your cake pops turn out??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%