Friday Night Cake Club For 2/9/18

Decorating By kstevens Updated 19 Feb 2018 , 5:48pm by catlharper

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 9 Feb 2018 , 11:30pm
post #1 of 30

Opening up my first session of FNCC!  Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

I'd like to start by saying a big "Thank you!" to @catlharper for starting FNCC and keeping it going for so long.  We truly appreciate all of the time you invested in it!  Hope you keep us posted whenever you have a new creation.

No cakes for me this week but I'll have stuff to share next week with Valentine's Day and then my niece's birthday.  Looking forward to seeing what you've all been up to.

29 replies
louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 9 Feb 2018 , 11:46pm
post #2 of 30

Thanks @catlharper and thanks @kstevens for picking up the reins. 

Here’s my entry.

I’m really pleased with it. I probably need to learn how to do wired flowers next as it would look better if they had a bit more height. 

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 10 Feb 2018 , 1:21am
post #3 of 30

@kstevens thank you for continuing FNCC, I was hoping someone would pick it up. Looking forwards to your cakes next week.

@louglou love your cake.

I don’t have anything this week, but I made a cookie cake last week.

B.E.Sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
B.E.Sweetcakes Posted 10 Feb 2018 , 3:40am
post #4 of 30

This was a smash cake I made this week. I think it turned out pretty cute. Friday Night Cake Club For 2/9/18

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 10 Feb 2018 , 1:12pm
post #5 of 30

Many thanks to @catlharper and @kstevens for FNCC.  It is my favorite thread.  Here is a Yoda Minion cake I made for my nephew.  He is a big Star Wars fan, and I'm a big Minion fan.

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 10 Feb 2018 , 4:07pm
post #6 of 30

Good morning!

Again, thanks to @caltharper for all those past years of FNCC and to @kstevens for taking over.

@louglou, very pretty flower garden/pot

@Marian64 your cookie cake looks yummy. I must try to make one someday...

@B.E.Sweetcakes your little sheep smash cake is just so adorable. 

@moreCakePlz your yoda/minion cake is so perfect! Very well done

whatthedogate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whatthedogate Posted 10 Feb 2018 , 6:24pm
post #7 of 30

Thank you  @caltharper and @kstevens for this thread.  I enjoy seeing it each week! @louglou, I love the wood panels.  So pretty. @Marian64 do you have a special pan for the cookie?  That looks perfect for a movie night with friends. @B.E.Sweetcakes that is soooooo cute! @moreCakePlz what a perfect mash up of characters!  Is the light saber a candle? 

I made this for my mom's birthday last weekend.  It was inspired by a pin but that just linked to an image.  If you know the baker, let me know. ( https://www.pinterest.com/pin/33284484730957592/Friday Night Cake Club For 2/9/18Friday Night Cake Club For 2/9/18

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 10 Feb 2018 , 6:55pm
post #8 of 30

and we also remember and thank leah_s who initially started this thread 

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 10 Feb 2018 , 8:28pm
post #9 of 30

I did'nt know that k8.  Thanks @leah_s for the original idea. FNCC is realy my go to thread when I'm around here.

@whatthedogate  I love the chocolate butterfly. Nice cake

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 10 Feb 2018 , 8:46pm
post #10 of 30

adorable, simply adorable cakes.  Well done, everyone!  glad that it's carrying on.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 11 Feb 2018 , 3:42am
post #11 of 30

Hi Everyone! What a great week for cakes! 

Thank you to everyone who mentioned me. I wasn't the first to start FNCC...that was @leah_s but I was happy to take it over from her and keep it going. Thank you SO much @kstevens for stepping up to the plate and taking over. 

The 19th I will have my daughters cake to share. I'm going to try to make a hedgehog since she adores them. Then, the following week I have a new department boss to treat...looking for ideas now because I have no idea what I want to do.

I'll keep checking in but so far my heart goes to the Minion Star Wars cake..that is just so adorable!

Cat

kstevens Posted 11 Feb 2018 , 3:22pm
post #12 of 30

Thanks everyone for participating this week! I am going to do my best to keep FNCC going.  As I play soccer most Sunday night's, I'll check in early in the day and may miss the opportunity to comment on any posts that are made late in the day.  It's back to work Monday morning gor me and it's a busy day.

First off, my apologies to @leah_s for not giving her proper credit as the founder of FNCC.  That was before my time here on CD so I wasn't aware there was someone doing it before Cat.

@louglou your cake is beautiful!  Love your texture on the cake board.

@Marian64 your giant cookie looks delish!  Now I'm craving a chocolate chip cookie. Lol

@B.E.Sweetcakes your little lamb is adorable!  What a cute idea for a smash cake.

@moreCakePlz awesome Yoda minion!  Your nephew must have loved it!

@whatthedogate  pretty cake!  I have that one pinned as well.

@catlharper thanks for stopping by ☺.  Looking forward to seeing your hedgehog.  Did you ever make the hexagon paneled cake like I did back in January?  I recall you saying you liked the idea and you might use it.  Maybe something along that line could be the cake for your boss? 

My cookie dough should be chilled enough by now so back to the kitchen for me.  I'll have creations to share next time.  Have a great week everyone!

kstevens Posted 11 Feb 2018 , 3:36pm
post #13 of 30

Oops! Lots of typos I missed and/or autocorrect kicking in.... I wish we could correct mistakes. CD should be CC of course.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 11 Feb 2018 , 3:54pm
post #14 of 30

Bunch of cute cakes happened this week!  Thanks, kstevens, for continuing this post!

-K8memphis Posted 11 Feb 2018 , 8:33pm
post #15 of 30

all of 'em are great -- but i would order than lamb cake for my birthday -- super cute

B.E.Sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
B.E.Sweetcakes Posted 11 Feb 2018 , 10:21pm
post #16 of 30

Thank you K8memphis! 

-K8memphis Posted 11 Feb 2018 , 10:36pm
post #17 of 30

blush no, thank you, b.e.

Marian64 Posted 12 Feb 2018 , 1:32am
post #18 of 30

@whatthedogate I have a pizza stone and that I just put the cookie dough on it and spread it out. Oh and I try to keep about an inch from the edge. I didn’t the first time and it baked over edge. 

I love all the cakes but the Yoda Minion is amazing.

Thanks again @kstevens for picking up FNCC it is my favorite. Thanks @catlharper for keeping it going after @leah_s stepped down. I looked forward to coming here to see what everyone else is doing and sharing what I do. 

Have a great week.

Marian64 Posted 12 Feb 2018 , 1:32am
post #19 of 30

@whatthedogate I have a pizza stone and that I just put the cookie dough on it and spread it out. Oh and I try to keep about an inch from the edge. I didn’t the first time and it baked over edge. 

I love all the cakes but the Yoda Minion is amazing.

Thanks again @kstevens for picking up FNCC it is my favorite. Thanks @catlharper for keeping it going after @leah_s stepped down. I looked forward to coming here to see what everyone else is doing and sharing what I do. 

Have a great week.

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 13 Feb 2018 , 11:32pm
post #20 of 30

I haven't posted anything in a while but one of my most recent cakes was a Pirate themed retirement cake. I had a lot of fun making this one. Friday Night Cake Club For 2/9/18

SandraSmiley Posted 13 Feb 2018 , 11:38pm
post #21 of 30

Gorgeous cake, OHareststytrts!

Marian64 Posted 14 Feb 2018 , 1:39am
post #22 of 30

@OHaresTstyTrts Wow! I like how you did the sunset.

SandraSmiley Posted 14 Feb 2018 , 1:46am
post #23 of 30

Your cake is adorable, Louglou!  Such a fun cake for a gardener!

SandraSmiley Posted 14 Feb 2018 , 1:48am
post #24 of 30

Marian64, that is fabulous!  Is it a real cookie or a cake that looks (exactly) like a cookie?!

SandraSmiley Posted 14 Feb 2018 , 1:48am
post #25 of 30

Your lamb is precious, B.E.Sweetcakes!

SandraSmiley Posted 14 Feb 2018 , 1:49am
post #26 of 30

Awesome job, moreCakePlz!  Great concept and beautiful work!

SandraSmiley Posted 14 Feb 2018 , 1:51am
post #27 of 30

What a pretty cake, whatthedogate!  I know your mom was delighted!

OHaresTstyTrts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OHaresTstyTrts Posted 14 Feb 2018 , 9:48pm
post #28 of 30

All these cakes look awesome! Great job everyone!

Marian64 Posted 19 Feb 2018 , 10:42am
post #29 of 30

@SandraSmiley yes it is a real cookie. 

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 19 Feb 2018 , 5:48pm
post #30 of 30

Hello everyone! I just love coming in here and seeing your creations! Unfortunately the one I had planned to show this week was cancelled. My grown daughter decided she just didn't want to do a party this year. She and her hubby went out instead. So, no hedgehog cake this year. Maybe next year for that. 

kstevens I am going to use the hex idea but for my grandson's birthday cake! I ordered the cutters and they should arrive any day now but the party isn't until mid April so I have time to play with them a bit.

Life has simply been nuts for me right now...nothing is really working out...so I have to just keep on making my way until it all settles out to being whatever the new normal will be for me. I'll try to stop in each week and see how it's all going!

Cat 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%