Madeleine Prices

Baking By Ravegirl346 Updated 2 Feb 2018 , 4:06pm by Baker Beach

Ravegirl346 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ravegirl346 Posted 1 Feb 2018 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 2

I just started selling some of my baked goods since it's a bit of a hobby of mine, i took a few mini madeleines to my dad's work and everyone loved it and i sold it for about 1.50 a treat bag that had about five mini madeleines inside, since i don't know any area that sells these types of french cookies i'm worried that i might be selling it too low...i checked at all the local bakeries that i live in, I live in Puerto Rico and i haven't found anything. Can anyone help me please? 

1 reply
Baker Beach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker Beach Posted 2 Feb 2018 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 2

It's exciting that you are turning your hobby into a business! Treat the pricing for these the same as you would anything else-- by figuring out how much it costs you to bake them. Include all your ingredients, utility costs, packaging costs, your time etc. As far as comparing the costs at bakeshops-- you might compare a cookie of the similar size since you haven't seen actual madeleines in the shops. And comparing really only gives you a range-- don't try to necessarily match everyone else-- your costs will be different than others. And don't go by grocery store or big box stores-- they are always going to be much lower. Off the top of my head, 1.50 for five seems pretty low-- that's only .30 a piece. But then again, I have no idea of what your costs are.

This is my two cents-- hope its helpful.

Good luck to you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%