Best Cake Topper Cutter Machine

Decorating By Pucci Cakes Updated 1 Feb 2018 , 1:43pm by Freckles0829

Pucci Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pucci Cakes Posted 31 Jan 2018 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone,

I am thinking of buying a Cricut machine for my cake toppers like for Happy Birthday, Love, etc. but not sure which one to buy though. I really just want it for cake toppers. Anyone have an idea of which one I should buy? They are not cheap (over $200). I appreciate your thoughts. Thank you.

3 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 31 Jan 2018 , 9:01pm
post #2 of 4

I just got a Cricut Explore Air 2 and I absolutely love it.  The Cricut Maker is more powerful and is able to cut additional items such as fabric and thicker wood.  I was torn between the two but in the end I decided that I was going to mainly be using it to cut paper and vinyl products so spending additional money on the Maker just didn't seem necessary to me.  

There is also a machine called the Silhouette Cameo which is similar to the Cricut machine but has a different type of software associated with it.  I have found when reading up on both people are either a Cricut person or a Silhouette person.  In the end, you just need to decide what you are going to use it for the most and pick which would be best for that purpose.

Pucci Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pucci Cakes Posted 31 Jan 2018 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you Freckles0829. Have you ever used it with wafer paper?

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 1 Feb 2018 , 1:43pm
post #4 of 4

I haven't but I don't see why you couldn't cut wafer paper with a cricut or similar cutting machine.  I would probably use the light grip mat or maybe even a mat with no adhesive and just tape down the edges of the wafer paper to keep everything in place so that it isn't such a headache removing the cut pieces from the mat once done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%