Emergency!! Cake Very Wobbly!

Lounge By AmateurBakerr Updated 26 Jan 2018 , 3:53pm by Freckles0829

AmateurBakerr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmateurBakerr Posted 26 Jan 2018 , 3:43pm
post #1 of 2

I am trying to fill an ice a cake with whipped cream without stabilizing it with anything. I thought I could manage it as i Did it before,and The weather here is not bad right now(not hot but not too cold either) but right now I only finished filling it, and the cake is very wobbly.I feel like the layers will slide off with a little push. What did I do wrong, I do know that I tried not to overwhip it , did I underwhip it? It feels very soft, almost liquidy. How can I fix it, will i have to take out all the layers and do it again? I there any way to fix this mess without doing that?

1 reply
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 26 Jan 2018 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 2

I would probably stick a few dowels into the cake to help stabilize the layers and then refrigerate the cake until chilled.  Then see how everything is and if things have set up a bit.  If so, you could probably remove the dowels and then frost the cake.  If not, cut the dowels down so that they aren't sticking out of the cake and finish frosting the cake.  Just let the person who the cake is for know about the dowels.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%