Friday Night Cake Club For 1/12/18

Decorating By catlharper Updated 22 Jan 2018 , 1:45am by Marian64

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 14 Jan 2018 , 5:03am
post #1 of 3

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help if needed, provide help if you can!

Cat

2 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 14 Jan 2018 , 5:11am
post #2 of 3

Hi everyone!

maybe I should change the name to Saturday night cake club? LOL! I was at a wedding last night. It was weird. No, the actual wedding was gorgeous...great food, lovely couple. The weird part was that I wasn't working it. I didn't photograph it, I didn't make the cake.  Ok, I made the favors (chocolate truffle lolipops) but that was an emergency save, not a planned item.  SO here is the question...why does it always end up that, when you don't make the cake, the wedding cake is simply awful? The "cutting cake" was beautiful...truly a wonderful job...but I didn't get to taste that one...only the Bride and Groom did. The rest of us got kitchen cake...made by someone totally different than the cutting cake...and it was awful. After cake service all you saw was plate after plate of cake with one bite out of it. SIGH.  And it wasn't awful like "Oh no, what did I just put in my mouth" awful. It was "that is the most bland, flavorless thing we've had all night" awful.  Fortunately the word got around that I didn't make the cakes, either of them, but did make the favors...the favors disappeared, the cake not so much. The horrid part of all of this is that the Bride noticed. SIGH. Kinda broke my heart.  And, yes, I offered to make the cakes...she didn't want me to work her wedding, just attend it. 

Anyone else have this happen to them? 

Hope everyone had a great week!

Cat

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 22 Jan 2018 , 1:45am
post #3 of 3

Lucky I haven’t ever had that happen. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%