Friday Night Cake Club For 12/1/17

Decorating By catlharper Updated 7 Dec 2017 , 10:50am by LelekBolek

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 2 Dec 2017 , 5:39am
post #1 of 14

Opening up another session of the FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help if needed or provide help if you can!

Cat

13 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 2 Dec 2017 , 5:42am
post #2 of 14

Just one cake this week. It's Captain Underpants cake. There will be plastic push in toppers of the characters that will go on for the party. The cake is a 4 layer strawberry with vanilla buttercream.  And I do think, except for family, this is my last cake. My life is just too much to do this sort of work anymore. I just don't have the time. With everything going on at work and the holidays I think it just broke me. I'm going to SOOOO enjoy seeing what you guys bring every week tho so keep 'em coming!

Cat

shdvl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shdvl Posted 2 Dec 2017 , 2:48pm
post #3 of 14

No cakes This week. I worked on quilting my daughter's graduation quilt. Looking to bake gingerbread this weekend for our annual gingerbread house. Christmas decorating and parties will take most of my time next three weeks but will wiggle one cake in for my birthday.

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 2 Dec 2017 , 11:14pm
post #4 of 14

Sorry to hear you’ve been having a tough time cat. Hope things get easier for you soon.

Heres my cake. First time using the easy rose cutter. I loved it and am really happy with how the cake turned out.

shdvl Posted 3 Dec 2017 , 1:34am
post #5 of 14

Louglou I love the varigated roses.

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 3 Dec 2017 , 8:05am
post #6 of 14

Just one this week....  birthday cake where the brief was jaffa flavoured chocolate overload and to somehow work in the interconnecting circle pattern from the guy's birthday invitation. They loved it   :)

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 4 Dec 2017 , 1:03am
post #7 of 14

Cat cute cake. I get the busy life and will look forward to the cakes for your family.

@shdvl post pictures of your gingerbread house. Hope you have a great birthday and get your squeeze in your cake. 

Louglou love your cake and the roses are beautiful.

me_me1 your cake looks like art work.

I went to my sister in law and to decorate gingerbread (graham cracker) house. It was a lot of fun. The only baking I think I have this month are cookies.

Have a great week.

shdvl Posted 4 Dec 2017 , 2:07am
post #8 of 14

I plan to post pictures Probally before and after decorating.

shellybbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellybbear Posted 5 Dec 2017 , 3:25am
post #9 of 14

First, let me apologize for the long story.  But here it is.  My sister got married this weekend. Then have been together for a few years now, but decided just a few weeks ago that they wanted to be married before the end of the year.  They had a very small informal church service and then a meal afterward (only immediate family was invited).  Then plan to have a larger reception in the spring.

I wanted to surprise her with a wedding cake, but was very nervous, because I have never done anything like this before. My cakes very rarely leave my own home. So, that morning, I went to the venue and began setting up the cake.  A couple with Happy birthday balloons came in and wanted to know where they could put the balloons until that evening.  After talking to the owner, we established that they were in the wrong room and I went about setting up the cake.  The set up went alright and when I arrived home, I told my fiancé that hopefully it would still be standing 5 hours later when we arrived for the meal.

Imagine my surprise (and fright) when we arrived and went to the room only to be told that we were in the wrong room.  Thankfully, the relocated cake was still standing (with perhaps a slight shift to the top layer).

This cake was actually a good confidence builder for me.  1. Because I feel a little stronger in my cake stacking ability if this cake was able to withstand being moved to another room after being completely assembled and remain standing 5 hours later.  2,  I have always worried about my cake not only looking good, but also tasting good.  I used the banana doctored cake mix recipe by LukeRubyJoy from this site for one of the layers, and received so many wonderful comments.

Finally, here are some pictures

Friday Night Cake Club For 12/1/17Friday Night Cake Club For 12/1/17

shdvl Posted 6 Dec 2017 , 12:42pm
post #10 of 14

Shelley that is a gorgous cake. I glad it moved without major mishaps.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 6 Dec 2017 , 9:25pm
post #11 of 14

You did a wonderful job!! The cake is awesome and I bet your sister was so thankful for your hard work on that cake!! I am so glad the cake was alright when they moved it!!! Great job!!!!

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 6 Dec 2017 , 9:27pm
post #12 of 14

I meant to say your name, Shelley!!! 

Also everyone else's cakes are very cute!!! You all did wonderful jobs!!

shellybbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellybbear Posted 7 Dec 2017 , 1:25am
post #13 of 14

Thanks shdvl andremnant3333 for the kind comments.  She was very surprised and cried a bit.  I really debated on doing the cake, but am so thankful that I did it when I saw how much it meant to her.

LelekBolek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LelekBolek Posted 7 Dec 2017 , 10:50am
post #14 of 14

Cat, I am sorry life is a tough going for you at the moment. Do what you need to do to keep your head above the water, and wait for the tide to go out... I am sorry I won't be seeing much of your cake work, but I understand only too well, what it is like to be struggling for time, and for a peaceful moment of it with no pressures or obligations. Be well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%