How To Make This Fondant Stork?

Decorating By Ginajb Updated 21 Oct 2017 , 2:03pm by -K8memphis

Ginajb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ginajb Posted 21 Oct 2017 , 9:40am
post #1 of 3

Any idea how you would make this stork? I thought it looked pretty easy but now wondering how I'll get that beak/baby on without it falling to pieces?  

Cant seem to find any tutorials for storks anywhere! 

How To Make This Fondant Stork?

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Oct 2017 , 1:18pm
post #2 of 3

the key here is balance -- see how the body of the stork -- will offset the weight of the baby hanging off the end of the beak -- in a perfect world --

then the legs are no doubt stuck way down into the cake or maybe even into the board underneath-- the head might be foam so the beak could be made around a toothpick that will glue securely into the head -- you could also have that right leg skewer go all the way up through the neck --  

that should get it -- surely there are other ways to do it but that's one way -- also it depends on if the cake needs to travel or not -- if you're making it where it will be served you can maybe lighten up on some of this -- but these ideas will keep it all together --

for those legs you'll want to get bamboo skewers used for barbecuing, for shish-ka-bobs -- available at most large grocery stores in the u.s. -- not sure where you're from --

cute cake though 

best to you

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Oct 2017 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 3

and i would use fondant with a lot of corn starch kneaded in to make that and a couple drops of raspberry flavor to direct the sweetness into a real candy flavor

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%