Mixers

Baking By MamaGeese Updated 28 Sep 2017 , 12:01am by SandraSmiley

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 27 Sep 2017 , 2:45am
post #1 of 4

Does anyone on CC use the large open top Bosch mixer? It looks so awesome! I am lusting over this mixer, but out of my price range for now. I am still using my 25 yr old Kitchen Aid (only 4 1/2 qt)... That Bosch looks like a dream come true....just looking for feedback, wondering if they are as awesome as they look

3 replies
Scampbell731 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scampbell731 Posted 27 Sep 2017 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 4

I have a Bosch and a Kitchen Aid.  The only thing I don't like about using the Bosch for my cakes is the core in the middle...kind of a silly thing but I felt it took too much effort to scrape around the core to get every bit of batter, with the KA I can use my large spatula and get everything with very little effort.  It could also be that I like my KA better for cakes because I have used it for so long that I know exactly how long to mix things for consistent results.

I love my Bosch and use it all the time to make bread.  I used to grind my wheat and make bread with my KA but found an easier and faster way to grind wheat and the Bosch is so much faster and larger capacity for bread dough.

They each have their benefits for me.  

MamaGeese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaGeese Posted 27 Sep 2017 , 11:13pm
post #3 of 4

I thought the Bosch has a center core scraper (optional) that you could get for it. Paula Deen has a knock off Bosch on Evine, but the attachments looked so cheap. I have bought all the scraper attachments for my kitchen aid, works great for creaming stage, but usually change over to regular paddle for adding everything else, it sloshes it out so bad. I've had kitchen aid for 25 yrs, but really don't like them....actually liked using hand mixer, but my arms won't hold out for that anymore. Decades ago I had an old Kenmore hand mixer that was so powerful and heavy I could hardly hold it, but it did the most beautiful job of creaming ever....never been able to duplicate that perfection. Thanks for info.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 28 Sep 2017 , 12:01am
post #4 of 4

I have a 5 quart KA for regular jobs and a 7 quart pro model (KA) for larger jobs, making fondant and gum paste and stiff bread dough.  Love them both.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%