Cake Pricing And Options For Client

Business By HajraK Updated 26 Sep 2017 , 7:01pm by ypierce82

HajraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HajraK Posted 26 Sep 2017 , 1:39am
post #1 of 9

Hi everyone,

A lady who has previously ordered from me would like me to make a cake for her daughters upcoming birthday. This is the cake she has in mind

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/7c/c8/82/7cc882411501a572953e91a9c8f1a3a2--peter-pan-party-children-cake.jpg

BUT her budget is $70 and i think this cake is worth at least $90 (if I were to do a 6" round on top of a 8" round), if not more with just buttercream and probably $120 with fondant. How much would you guys price it for?

She has 22 guests coming and was asking what other options she could do for a tinkerbelle themed party.

One thought I had was a tinkerbelle doll cake (using the wonder mold) and that could be $50 and then a dozen cupcakes (although I sell 1 dozen for $30 so it would be $10 more than her budget).

OR one 8" round with 12 cupcakes? (this would be $70 if I did a buttercream cake with basic swirls or some simple design and 12 matching buttercream cupcakes).

Any other suggestions I could offer her? Pictures would also be helpful if possible.

Thanks!

8 replies
shimmering Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HajraK Posted 26 Sep 2017 , 12:40pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks shimmering

those are some really great ideas. I think she really wants some type of traditional cake rather than a pull apart one. I really like the option of maybe doing a three layer 8" round cake with a dozen cupcakes to match.

I think this should be within her budget too as I usually charge $35 for a simple 2 layer 8 inch so increasing it to at most $45 for a three layer should be ok.

ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 26 Sep 2017 , 1:01pm
post #4 of 9

Doing a simple 8 inch is fine, but the decorations on that cake would increase the price, for me, so would covering it in fondant. The bow, the fondant grass, the flowers on the top would all be an extra added cost. Does she want fondant or butter cream? The cake could be done in buttercream, with piped grass, and butter cream flowers. 

HajraK Posted 26 Sep 2017 , 3:28pm
post #5 of 9

Yes ypierce82

thats what I was thinking too..maybe something nicely done in buttercream. I wil ask her and be realistic with her as what can be done with her budget.

ypierce82 Posted 26 Sep 2017 , 3:50pm
post #6 of 9

I found a couple of pictures, I'll try to post them again. There's something within her budget, but she's going to have to be realistic, or increase it. 

ypierce82 Posted 26 Sep 2017 , 3:55pm
post #7 of 9

Cake Pricing And Options For ClientCake Pricing And Options For ClientCake Pricing And Options For Client

I don't do doll cakes, so I don't know what the serving size is, I thought it was a cute cake. Pulled these fr Google. 

HajraK Posted 26 Sep 2017 , 4:52pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks so much ypierce82!

these pics are exactly what I had in mind of showing her. I think the 8" round with some matching cupcakes, all in buttercream would be a good option. I like the doll cakes but like you, I'm not sure really what number of servings they make and with the cost of the doll etc plus cupcakes I think it might be a little over the budget, but still a good option.

thanks again!

ypierce82 Posted 26 Sep 2017 , 7:01pm
post #9 of 9

You're welcome. I think the butter cream cakes are a much better option considering her budget, and they are cute cakes! I think the 8 inch with cupcakes is a good idea. Good luck! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%