Iso Brown Sugar Cookie Recipe

Baking By alimonkey Updated 19 Oct 2005 , 8:42pm by alimonkey

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 3 Oct 2005 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 5

I would like to make some sugar cookies, and I love the flavor brown sugar adds. Does anybody have a recipe that's has brown sugar and doesn't spread or rise too much? Or should I just use one off the "THE sugar cookie" thread and sub half brown sugar for granulated? Also, I prefer crispy to chewy sugar cookies.

Ali

4 replies
kaecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaecakes Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 5

Ali, I have a very old Brown Sugar Cookie recipe, it belonged to my DH's Grandmother,

1 lbs. brown sugar 1/2 teas. salt
2 eggs 1 to 2 teas. vanilla
1 c. shortening dash nutmeg
1 c. milk aprox 3 1/2 c. flour
1 teas. baking soda
1 teas. baking powder

Cream together all ingredents but flour, add flour slowly. bake at 350 for 8 -10 min.

The batter is very soft, don't add a lot of extra flour. It has been avery long time since I baked these so I am not sure of the baking time. Hope these work for you. Kae

alimonkey Posted 18 Oct 2005 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much. Are these rolled or drop cookies?

I wound up using the no-fail sugar cookies from the kitchengifts.com site. I used half brown sugar, and they turned out well, but they were still sugar cookies.

kaecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaecakes Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 5:29pm
post #4 of 5

Ali, these are a drop cookie, and they are a very soft dough, so you couldn't roll them out anyway. The first time I made them I added extra flour, that was a mistake. They do spread some and are a fairly large cookie. Good Luck. Kae

alimonkey Posted 19 Oct 2005 , 8:42pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks again, Kae. I will give them a try.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%