Personalized Cake Topper

Decorating By Cupcakegirl2005 Updated 30 Aug 2017 , 12:42am by Smckinney07

Cupcakegirl2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakegirl2005 Posted 29 Aug 2017 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 5

I keep seeing these  personalized cake toppers,  is there a way to make them yourself or do you have to order them online to be made?

Personalized Cake Topper

4 replies
kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 29 Aug 2017 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 5

If you have the patience, card stock and an xacto knife, you can make them yourself.  My boyfriend cut this one out for me.  I guilted him in to doing it cause it was for his mother's birthday cake.  Granted this one is simpler than what you have pictured.

Personalized Cake Topper

Cupcakegirl2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakegirl2005 Posted 29 Aug 2017 , 11:10pm
post #3 of 5

Wow that's great 

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 29 Aug 2017 , 11:53pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks! I saw this one online for like $18 but I only paid like $2 for the piece of shiny cardstock.  I just glued a wooden skewers to the back of it.

Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 30 Aug 2017 , 12:42am
post #5 of 5

People use all sorts of cutting machines, like a cricuit or silhouette. I don't know if cardstock is the thickest material for these types of machines. 

There are also very nice ones out of acrylic, wood, plexi, etc. Obviously the more intricate and material are main factors. 

If you have someone local that cuts them you could talk about a cross promotion and work something out. I suppose they don't necessarily need to be local just consider shipping costs. 

You can buy some generic ones and rent them like a cake stand or buy them as needed and factor that into your clients costs. 

Id recommend searching Etsy for custom Toppers 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%