Cake Central Magazine Frustrations

Lounge By kstevens Updated 5 Aug 2017 , 11:17pm by SandraSmiley

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 5 Aug 2017 , 8:02pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone!

So, I get that airing my frustration about Cake Central Magazine on the forum might not be the way to go about things but I will preface this with the fact that I've been trying since early June to contact the magazine but have received no replies.

Do any of you subscribe to or follow it? Is it "normal" for the issues to be so far behind?  I was expecting the next issue to be out in June but as of yet, nothing.  I've read about some troubles with the magazine in he past but it seemed like it was more on track these days.  Maybe not?

I am frustrated by the lack of response to my inquiries and was hoping that if I generate some chat on the forum that maybe, finally, I would get an answer to if and when the issue was going to happen.

Thank you in advance for any feedback you are able to offer.

3 replies
Bekabean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bekabean Posted 5 Aug 2017 , 9:42pm
post #2 of 4

Did you submit a cake for the magazine? I've done it twice and my best advice is once you send it off, forget about it. Then when it comes out you can be excited. ;)  It doesn't seem to be consistent in when it comes out. I never got any feedback other than the first request, when they received it saying they got it but it wasn't guaranteed to be in the magazine, then the day the magazine comes out they will send you a congrats with a copy of it and a badge to use on your page. It was different dates both times but at least halfway into the month. I know it's hard to wait but that's my best advice. Congrats. 

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 5 Aug 2017 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you for your reply @Bekabean ‍ .  Yes, I submitted a cake. The deadline was April 30 for the June issue (I assumed).  I received confirmation that they received my photos.  On May 12th I received an email to say one or more of my photos was being considered for the magazine so I got pretty excited but then nothing since then including no magazine even coming out.  

It's frustrating because they gave a pretty short time frame to do the cake and insisted on professional pictures.  It was a chance I took to do it with no guarantees of getting in but when I got the email to say one or more of my photos was being considered I figured it had been worth the effort.  Now I just feel deflated about it all.  My photographer is also getting annoyed as he would like to share the photos on his website but our hands are tied and we can't share it until we know if we've made the magazine or not.

I'm sure they receive lots of inquiries on a daily basis but in my mind it's pretty poor to not cummunicate with people better after inviting them to be a part of the magazine.

Rant over. Lol.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 Aug 2017 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 4

I do not subscribe to the magazine, but I am always frustrated with this site.  I've only been participating a couple of months, but it seems to have one thing or another wrong with it all the time. Today, I can't see any cake pictures.  When I've requested help before, I did not receive any reply either.  It seems as though the site has been abandoned.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%