My First Fondant Swag!

Decorating By CupCake.Goddess Updated 4 Aug 2017 , 12:29pm by CupCake.Goddess

CupCake.Goddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupCake.Goddess Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 10:31am
post #1 of 8

My cake is finally done! I had some trouble. I put the rosettes in a little too heavy and the top border collapsed! 

I had to redo it but it turned out ok. I'm glad its done!! 

7 replies
CupCake.Goddess Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 11:55am
post #2 of 8

My First Fondant Swag!

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 8

It turned out beautifully!  Yes, rosettes are a lot of icing!

CupCake.Goddess Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 4:27pm
post #4 of 8

@SandraSmiley  Thank you so much!! It was a lot of work and I'm SO glad its done.  My friend loved it and said her daughter will love it too.  I told her although I placed dowels in it, I was apprehensive about placing the top tier on so I'll let her do it. : )

SandraSmiley Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 4:30pm
post #5 of 8

Probably a smart decision, @CupCake.Goddess ‍.  It will be much easier for her to transport in two pieces and she should have no trouble adding the dress tier to the bottom tier.  Well done, you!!

CupCake.Goddess Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you M'am!  I'm going to sleep for a week! lol

SandraSmiley Posted 2 Aug 2017 , 6:48pm
post #7 of 8

LOL - I hear you!  Anyone who mistakes cake decorating for an easy job has never tried it!  Not only is it very nerve racking, but physically hard, as well - standing on your feet for long periods of time, kneading huge batches of stiff gum paste and fondant, carrying heavy cakes!!!  It ain't easy!  And that doesn't even take into account delivery, the most stressful part of all!  Sleep for a week, honey!  You've earned it!

CupCake.Goddess Posted 4 Aug 2017 , 12:29pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you so much @ SandraSmiley  I certainly will! lol My friend picked up the cake last night and texted me pictures of her little girl with the cake.  She was so happy!!  Then she texted about 30 minutes later and said her family had eaten half the cake. O.o

Yes, I agree.  People watch these shows and think cake decorating is so easy.  Its not.  I put in long hours on that cake and I'm still feeling the fatigue.  The end result = happy people and that makes me pretty happy too! : )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%