Shaun The Sheep Cake Head

Decorating By Canudothecake Updated 1 Aug 2017 , 12:17am by Canudothecake

Canudothecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Canudothecake Posted 31 Jul 2017 , 11:01pm
post #1 of 3

I've been gone from here forever - thought I was done with making cakes - until this week anyway.  A friend asked me to make a cake for a niece's bridal shower.  Sheep theme.  I was going to do a Shaun the Sheep - just a round layer cake with the large black Shaun face on the top.  The "wool" body will just be buttercream, but I figured that the face should be smooth fondant.  I'm stuck on the details though.  

What should I make it out of?  Should I use cake?  Rice crispie treat?  One big mass of fondant?  Actually all fondant would probably be the easiest, but I'm afraid that a 3/4" slab of fondant would be too heavy, and kinda gross.   ???   I'm stuck.   What would you suggest?

2 replies
inthekitchen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inthekitchen2 Posted 31 Jul 2017 , 11:45pm
post #2 of 3

Is it flat, like 2D, horizontal on the cake? Or 3D popping up from the cake? If it's flat, I see no problem with fondant. If it's 3D, you can always just remove the head when cutting. 

Canudothecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Canudothecake Posted 1 Aug 2017 , 12:17am
post #3 of 3

Well, it's kind of a plump 2d... 3D, but not 3D like a figurine.  But more than a thin sheet of fondant...  at least this is what's in my head....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%