Canceling Cake Order And Then Wanting To Place The Order Again.

Business By SweetDesire88 Updated 8 Jun 2017 , 1:28pm by bluefox1394

SweetDesire88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDesire88 Posted 8 Jun 2017 , 4:52am
post #1 of 4

Good evening bakers, I hope you guys are enjoying your evening. 

I came to see if any of you can give me some advice on what I can do with a customer that canceled her order then few days after canceling the order she is wanting to place it again.

I have had a few incidents with her before, this is why I am asking for you opinion. 

Here I leave you with few photos of the actual conversation. 

Canceling Cake Order And Then Wanting To Place The Order Again.Canceling Cake Order And Then Wanting To Place The Order Again.Canceling Cake Order And Then Wanting To Place The Order Again.

3 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 8 Jun 2017 , 5:24am
post #2 of 4

I would tell her that since she cancelled, you've booked other orders, and you can't accommodate her. I've had a couple people do this last minute, and I'm always booked when they call for an event. If I have issues with specific customers, I don't deal with them anymore. I'm booked. Even if I'm sitting on my couch all day watching Oprah reruns. I'm. Booked. Lol

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 8 Jun 2017 , 6:33am
post #3 of 4

I agree with @ypierce82 ‍ !  I've had a few who couldn't make up their mind or simply weren't happy with my price so they searched around then wanted to place the order last minute and I simply was "booked." lol 

bluefox1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluefox1394 Posted 8 Jun 2017 , 1:28pm
post #4 of 4

If you chose to work with them again, I would recommend taking full payment at the time of order or at least a deposit (can offer a refund if cancelled more than a week prior - up to your discretion). The bakery I use to work for took full payment at time of order, if they were unable to pay in full, a deposit was put down and if not paid in full prior to it being baked, it wouldn't be made. 

I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to work with said customer... "I'm booked" is always a decent non-confrontational way to avoid them! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%