Taking Orders

Business By ktborden21 Updated 6 Jun 2017 , 8:00pm by Ayumi18

ktborden21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ktborden21 Posted 6 Jun 2017 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 2

I would love to know how everyone takes their orders. Im a home baker so I do not have a shop or any employees.  Ive been doing is for 7 years but ive always used facebook for orders! People usually just message me on facebook and we discuss details there. Then for holiday cookie orders they post on my pictures! Ive been thinking about doing some kind of form online but a little nervous about it aince its not what im use to!  I think it may be better for organization though.  I would love some feedback!!

1 reply
Ayumi18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayumi18 Posted 6 Jun 2017 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 2

Well you definitely have a more sophisticated system than ours and we've been doing this for 10 years. We generally take phone order between my parents and I. My dad likes to upload our cakes to his personal Facebook page and so people will generally see one they like and they'll him or message him directly. People have also taken a liking to texting us orders but we have tried to dissuade them from them that because it just gets too chaotic at that point. I think a online form is a great idea or maybe try the free websites offers that come up and connect it to an email specifically created for your business. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%