Gypsophila Wedding Cake

Decorating By newcastle7 Updated 6 May 2017 , 11:50am by newcastle7

newcastle7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcastle7 Posted 3 May 2017 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 8

Hi I've been asked to make a 4 tier wedding cake with gypsophila at the base of the tiers.do I use fresh or dried and do I attach the flowers to the cake or use an oasis HELP

7 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 5 May 2017 , 10:21am
post #2 of 8

dried would be easier -- fresh is prettier -- and dried can have a pungent smell -- y'know i don't know how long the fresh lasts out of water -- you need to test it -- 

newcastle7 Posted 5 May 2017 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll test it and see what happens. Thanks again

-K8memphis Posted 5 May 2017 , 7:43pm
post #4 of 8

sure -- like if we had a corsage with baby's breath aka gypsophila the bb would wilt overnight -- but otherwise i think it would last a few hours fine but that gets you placing it last minute too --

i used to have a tutorial on how to make it -- but you need to charge kaching kaching for it -- you don't really wanna make it though blush

newcastle7 Posted 6 May 2017 , 11:20am
post #5 of 8

Hi I did think of making it but when I saw the time involved I decided against it .I spoke to the bride and she's going to have the florist do it so even better

-K8memphis Posted 6 May 2017 , 11:33am
post #6 of 8

even better kinda sorta -- double check personally w/florist that she will still be there to do this when you deliver -- often the florist is finished and gone by the time we get there --

also if she makes something in advance as opposed to just sticking them around the bottom board triple check the size -- but often they leave the flowers for you to place -- so you wanna check out the details on this --

best to you -- 

newcastle7 Posted 6 May 2017 , 11:50am
post #7 of 8

Will do thanks

newcastle7 Posted 6 May 2017 , 11:50am
post #8 of 8

Will do thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%