Friday Night Cake Club For 4/21/17

Decorating By catlharper Updated 24 Apr 2017 , 12:38am by GIGGLEBOX2014

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 22 Apr 2017 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 12

Opening up another session of the FNCC! ALL levels of cakers are welcome to share their week, photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if they can!

Cat

11 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 22 Apr 2017 , 2:52pm
post #2 of 12

Hi everyone! I apologize for not starting this last night but, for whatever reason, the site wouldn't let me in! It took me 3 tries this morning! Glitchy for some reason. SOOOO I'm hoping YOU were able to get in and you can see this!

No cakes for me this week. I have a "Trolls" cake coming up this upcoming week but it's nothing too fancy. The mom needs a sheet cake so we are doing one up a bit fancy. She is resorting to some plastic piecs on it so I'm just going to do the best I can. 

Hope you guys had a GREAT week! Happy Earth Day!

Cat

shellbell181 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shellbell181 Posted 22 Apr 2017 , 2:59pm
post #3 of 12

This is a Pokemon cake I made for today, bottom tier was filled with pic and mix sweets!!

sm0kinkitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sm0kinkitchen Posted 22 Apr 2017 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 12

@shellbell181 Loooooove that cake. So sharp and just perfect! 

I just did a simple smash cake and cupcakes for a first birthday this week. Basic, yet satisfying. Mom's display ideas were amazing.... 

I have a travel themed cake coming up and was wondering if anyone has a source for a sugar paper map, I'd love to wrap a layer in the detailed map.... Thinking a suitcase and little airplane maybe too. Still in the planning stages, thanks for any ideas! :) Friday Night Cake Club For 4/21/17

Nana52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nana52 Posted 23 Apr 2017 , 12:02am
post #5 of 12

Friday Night Cake Club For 4/21/17Friday Night Cake Club For 4/21/17Friday Night Cake Club For 4/21/17

Nana52 Posted 23 Apr 2017 , 12:07am
post #6 of 12

Shell bell, such a beautiful cake. Everything is so clean. 

Smokin,  love all those sprinkles. Kids and adults do, too.  Such fun.

We are having a baby shower for a church member tomorrow after morning service.  Theme (obviously) is Snoopy .  

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 23 Apr 2017 , 1:41pm
post #7 of 12

Sees to be a rather quiet week for FNCC.  

@shellbell181 ‍ your cake turned out great! Nice clean work.  I saw it in the gallery and left a comment there too. 

@sm0kinkitchen ‍ cute cake and cupcakes.  So far as the map goes for your upcoming cake, where are you located?  That might help with suggestions of where to find a sugar sheet.  Myself, I am in Canada and have ordered through a website before as well as from someone "local". 

@Nana52 ‍ your Snoopy cake is really cute. Love all the Snoopy's around the bottom tier.

Just one cake for me this week and I wasn't 100% satisfied with it when it was done but the birthday girl was happy with it so that is what counts, right?  I had a tooth pulled the day I had to decorate it (why can't I say "no"??) so my head just wasn't totally in it.  My boyfriend carved the shape for me, I hate carving and he seems to have a better eye for it.  The fly for the tent gave me grief, just could not get it to look right at all but gave up trying perfect it. In the end I cheated and placed a thin piece of cardboard under it to try and keep the shape of it.  The ropes are wire, everything else is fondant.  

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 23 Apr 2017 , 1:42pm
post #8 of 12

Nana52 Posted 23 Apr 2017 , 5:20pm
post #9 of 12

kstevens  - omigosh, that is adorable.

shdvl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shdvl Posted 23 Apr 2017 , 9:39pm
post #10 of 12

Tried posting last night but it didn't go through for some reason.

Last week I did a trial run of orange soda cupcakes for my son's upcoming birthday party. I really didn't like the flavor overall but it was a starting point. Made some American buttercream  to cover them and added orange sugar for a bit of decoration. They were a hit at My sister's house where he went to hang out while I took my older son to Jersey Boys and out to dinner with my husband. 

Up coming this week I have covering a sphere with fondant or modeling chocolate, shaping BB8s head and covering it plus probably baking and freeze sugar cookies for the treat bar at his party. Cake table has a display cake of BB8 plus BB8 inspired cupcakes. Take home area and other treats include pretzel light sabers, rock candy light sabers(maybe), both no bake "Wookie" cookies and X shaped sugar cookiesthat will have lightsaber design on them, planet cereal pops and storm trooper marshmallows. Most of these I hope to handmade as its simpler to make then try to find. The X is also my son's Initial.

Hardest part right now is hiding all the work for the BB8 cake as its a surprise.

shdvl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shdvl Posted 23 Apr 2017 , 9:40pm
post #11 of 12

Kstevens that camping cake is adorable.

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 24 Apr 2017 , 12:38am
post #12 of 12

I had a very boring week due to working overtime. All I did was 3 dozen emoji cupcakes, which I didn't even take a pic of. expressionless Yesterday was my BF's b-day, and we had a big BBQ with friends and family. He got ghetto looking cupcakes with all different colors of buttercream leftover from prior cakes made by yours truly. lol. Think it is safe to say it wasn't what all of our friends were expecting since I decorate in my free time, but with the extra hours at work I simply didn't have the time. Which he could careless either way, but I was beating myself up over it cause I had originally wanted to make him a beer mug cake. hahahahaha. Working nightshift gets the best of me sometimes!

But anyways....

@kstevens ‍ As usual your work is outstanding! I love the camping themed cake, especially with all the additional decorations on the board. Super cute camp fire and tiny marshmallows! 

@shellbell181 ‍ That Pokemon cake is on point! One of my coworkers is in LOVE with Pokemon and would die to have that cake!

@catlharper ‍ I'll be on the lookout for the Trolls cake, I'm sure it will be fantastic! 

@Nana52 ‍ Super cute Snoopy cake!

@sm0kinkitchen ‍ I love anything with sprinkles! lol Looks yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%