Delivering Cookies Before Event

Business By HajraK Updated 12 Apr 2017 , 11:45am by MimiFix

HajraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HajraK Posted 7 Apr 2017 , 4:59am
post #1 of 4

hi everyone,

i have a potential client who would like me to make 8 dozen of a particular fondant decorated sugar cookie for a special occasion coming up in June. I know I may be out of town a few days before her occasion. She's asking for a particular detailed cookie I make that so far, neither she nor I know of anyone else in our town who makes them. 

When I make these in large amounts for events, I always make them a couple of weeks in advance and freeze them until the day before the event. However, this is the first time someone wants to do such a large order with me and I don't know how she feels about picking them up a few days before her event and then freezing until the day before. 

Has anyone had a situation like this where you need to deliver an item, particularly decorated cookies, to a customer a few days before they will actually eat it? What do you advise the client and how do you package your item? 

Thanks!

3 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 8 Apr 2017 , 12:44am
post #2 of 4

How long will these cookies stay fresh if they are not frozen?

HajraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HajraK Posted 8 Apr 2017 , 1:17am
post #3 of 4

I've eaten them just fine 1 week after making them

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 12 Apr 2017 , 11:45am
post #4 of 4

If you know the shelf life and the cookies will still taste fresh, package them well (extra plastic wrap, perhaps).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%